Atrium Health Neurosciences Institute-Neurology (NIN) is seeking BE/BC Neurologists with subspecialty fellowship training/experience in Movement Disorder to join our rapidly growing health care system located in the Charlotte- metro area. Seeking a neurologist with fellowship training/experience in Movement Disorders who has particular interest in building an academic career to join a well-established and growing Movement Disorders program at Atrium Health Neurosciences Institute Neurology in Charlotte, NC.
The Neurology Department at Atrium Health is a network of 70+ neurology providers that supports 15 care locations across the greater Charlotte region. We are seeking a clinical/academic movement disorders specialist to expand expertise in clinical care, clinical research, and translational neuroscience investigations. The growing academic department brings exciting opportunities for innovative patient care, team-based care models, teaching and research.
About the Position
- Join an established Movement Disorder program with 2 full time movement disorder specialists within the Charlotte Metro region.
- Interest in medical education and research is a must. Experience and expertise in research within Movement Disorders is preferred but can support those with interest in building this aspect of their career.
- Opportunity to help build/expand our Movement Disorders research portfolio, dedicated research staff and infrastructure to support dedicated research time and effort.
- Academic opportunities with faculty appointment with Wake Forest University.
- Resident and medical student teaching
- 100% Outpatient. No hospital call.
- Excellent clinical resources including RNs, allied health teammates, DBS coordinator and dedicated social workers
- Call Coverage to support after hours clinic patients only, rotation approximately 1 week per quarter.
What Atrium Health has to offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Appealing work-life balance
- Academic opportunities with strong research support and expanding educational opportunities
- Network of over 2,500 employed physicians provides established referral base
About Atrium Health
Atrium Health is a nationally recognized leader in shaping health outcomes through innovative research, education and compassionate patient care. It is part of Advocate Health, the fifth-largest nonprofit health system in the U.S., serving nearly 6 million patients annually. Wake Forest University School of Medicine serves as the academic core of the enterprise.
In January 2023, Atrium Health broke ground on a second campus of the school of medicine – Wake Forest University School of Medicine Charlotte – to be constructed in the heart of a new, life-sciences research-driven innovation district, named “The Pearl.” The medical school will seat its first class in 2024.
Living in the Carolinas
When you call North or South Carolina home you’ll enjoy the best of southern charm, worldly cosmopolitan flair, and unrivaled natural splendor with a low cost of living and high quality of life. Whether you yearn for majestic mountain views, the vibrant energy of world-class cities or coastal communities lined with sandy beaches along the shore, you can find what you’re looking for in the Carolinas.