Academic Neurologist – Neuromuscular in Dallas, TX
The Department of Neurology (ranked #18 for neurology and neurosurgery) is seeking an academic Neuromuscular Neurologist. UT Southwestern Medical Center has been named the #1 hospital in Texas (*tie) and among the best in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report.
- Join a vibrant group of 11 adult & pediatric neuromuscular faculty and 2 APPs.
- Practice at one of six NIH-funded Wellstone centers, an MDA-supported ALS clinic that has been funded for over 30 years.
- Collaborate with the Institute for Exercise and Environmental Medicine to provide expertise in metabolic & mitochondrial myopathies.
- Get involved in planning of the national annual Carrell-Krusen Neuromuscular Symposium.
- Grow your academic career with our robust Faculty Development program, housed within our larger department of 90+ neurology faculty across 14 subspecialty sections.
- Be a part of the Peter O’Donnell Jr. Brain Institute, a rapidly expanding enterprise supporting clinical, educational, research, and outreach efforts.
- Teach and mentor trainees in our ACGME-accredited neuromuscular fellowship program -- with a complement of up to 3 fellows per year.
- Full-time clinical effort is considered 46 weeks, providing ample time for academic travel and vacation.
- Possess or be eligible for medical licensure in the State of Texas.
- Board certified/board eligible by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology for adult or child neurology.
- Completed a 1–2-year fellowship in neuromuscular disorders.
Appointment rank will be commensurate with academic accomplishments and experience. Consideration may be given to applicants seeking less than a full-time schedule. For consideration, visit https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/
For inquiries email: email@example.com
Benefits We Offer:
- Competitive rank and base salary commensurate with experience and an outstanding benefits package.
- Clinical productivity incentive plan
- Allowance for educational and academic pursuits (society dues, books, travel to meetings, license to renewal)
- Two types of retirement programs, including a lifetime annuity pension plan with a substantial employer match contribution.
- On-Site Child Care
Dallas Community Life:
The Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex boasts a strong economy, a wide range of cultural and recreational opportunities, and many communities with affordable high-quality housing and excellent schools.
- 4th most diverse city in the US
- 6th largest LGBTQI+ community in the US
- Largest urban arts district
- Major travel hub with a diverse food scene
- No state income tax
About UT Southwestern:
UT Southwestern, one of the premier academic medical centers in the nation, integrates pioneering biomedical research with exceptional clinical care and education.
The institution’s faculty includes many distinguished members, including:
- 6 who have been awarded Nobel Prize since 1985, 4 of whom are active faculty members – more than any other medical school in the world.
- 26 members of the National Academy of Sciences
- 20 members of the National Academy of Medicine
- 14 investigators with the Howard Hughes Medical Institute
The faculty of more than 2,800 is responsible for groundbreaking medical advances and is committed to translating science-driven research quickly to new clinical treatments. Research funding of more than 554.4 million per year to fund about 5,800 research projects.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information.