New in NC: Established nearby practices seeking Neurologist
ECU Health Physicians and ECU Health Neurology are seeking a Board Eligible or Board Certified Neurologist to join established practices in Edenton and Ahoskie, North Carolina. ECU Health is a 9-hospital system serving 29 counties across eastern North Carolina. New graduates and visa candidates are welcome to apply.
ECU Health’s growing neuroscience program consists of neurosurgeons, an interventional neurologist, inpatient stroke neurologists, general neurologists, neurointensivists, and a large team of nurse practitioners and physician assistants in locations across eastern North Carolina.
- Employment by ECU Health Physicians - Community Practice Model
- Growing 9-hospital physician led healthcare system
- Hospital privileges at ECU Health Chowan Hospital and ECU Health Roanoke-Chowan Hospital
- Established patient panels
- Outpatient schedule entails three days at the Ahoskie practice and two days at the Edenton practice per week
- No call
- Neurologist will supervise one Nurse Practitioner
- Excellent longevity within the provider and support staff teams at both clinics
- In office procedures will include Nerve Conduction Velocity, Electromyography, VNS Interrogation and Programming, Deep Brain Stimulation Interrogation and Programming, and Inspire Device Programming
- Strong referral network from primary care providers located within the two clinic locations
- Support from a multidisciplinary neuroscience team at ECU Health Medical Center, in Greenville, NC- a 974-bed, level 1 trauma center, and the only comprehensive stroke center in eastern North Carolina
- System-wide EHR : EPIC
- Close proximity to the North Carolina and Virginia Coast
- Ability to live in Edenton, a historic waterfront community
- Competitive compensation and benefits to include: final year resident/fellow stipend, annual stipend, relocation assistance, vacation, sick, and holidays, malpractice (with tail), 401k, 457b, medical, dental, and vision, disability, and life insurance
In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits plan, qualified applicants may also be eligible for loan repayment, sign-on bonus, income guarantees, and residency/fellowship paid commitment stipends.
ECU Health Roanoke-Chowan Hospital
ECU Health Roanoke-Chowan Hospital is a 114-bed community hospital located in Ahoskie. Serving four nearby counties, the hospital’s 15-bed emergency department serves approximately 21,000 patients per year. This modern facility provides a wide range of health services, including medical, surgical and radiation oncology. In addition, ECU Health Roanoke-Chowan’s Wound Healing and Pain Management centers serve as referral centers for neighboring ECU Health hospitals and providers.
ECU Health Chowan Hospital
ECU Health Chowan Hospital in Edenton is a 25-bed critical access hospital, which provides programs and services to 110,000 people in 6 counties. It offers medical and surgical services, including intensive care, a specialty care clinic and a dedicated outpatient surgery area with endoscopy capabilities. A 7- bed emergency department serves approximately 16,000 patients per year.
ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1,708-bed academic health care system serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of 13,000 team members, nine hospitals and a physician group that encompasses over 1,100 academic and community providers practicing in over 185 primary and specialty clinics located in more than 110 locations. The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and ECU Health Maynard Children’s Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health and the Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research. www.ecuhealth.org
ECU Health Physicians includes an academic practice model (ECU employment) and a community practice model (health system employment). There is shared leadership and shared services to support the overall group and to ensure alignment for clinical care, research, education and strategy.
This innovative structure creates opportunities within ECU Health Physicians ranging from acute to ambulatory, academic practice to community practice, regional to rural, and everything in between.
Ahoskie affords residents the comforts of small town living within close proximity to the beautiful waterways of North Carolina and Virginia. Friendly neighborhoods conveniently located near the hospital, vast country acreage, and waterfront home sites are just a few of the things that make Ahoskie unique.
- A desirable climate with mild winters and four distinct seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
- Outstanding recreation including golf courses, community theater, water sports, hunting, camping, fishing, community and state parks
- Close proximity to North Carolina and Virginia beaches
- Affordable cost of living
- General aviation airport nearby; one hour to major airports in Norfolk and Greenville
- ECU Health Wellness Center – Ahoskie, a 21,000-foot facility which includes a lap pool, an exercise studio and the latest in cardiovascular and strength training equipment
- Recreation Center which includes little league baseball, lighted athletic fields and picnic area
Edenton, located along the Albemarle Sound, is a showcase of exceptional historic architecture, scenic beauty, and rich history as the first colonial capital of North Carolina. Its unique historic district, vibrant downtown, spectacular sunsets, and beautiful waterfront living make Edenton an easy place to call home.
- Ability to live on the water
- Only 1 hour to Chesapeake, VA and a short drive to the world-famous Outer Banks beaches, various water sport activities and three golf courses.
- Recognized by Forbes.com as one of America’s prettiest towns
- Low cost of living
- Abundance of activities including boating, sailing, fishing, hiking, kayaking and canoeing and so much more
If you, or a colleague, is interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Heather Kelly at (252)406-4498 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the goal of ECU Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.