If it is possible, you will find it at Atrium Health—the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina and South Carolina. We invite a BE/BC inpatient trained Neurologist to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds, and progressive visionaries together with our Neurology team at The Neurosciences Institute located in Charlotte, NC.
The Neurology Department at Atrium Health is a network of 70+ neurology providers that supports 21 care locations across the greater Charlotte region. Atrium Health is the largest stroke network in the Charlotte metropolitan area, which is one of the fastest-growing cities in the country. Our department boasts distinguished specialty care, including a Level IV and Level III Specialized Epilepsy Center, advanced stroke certifications, NMSS Certified Comprehensive Care Center for MS, ALS and MDA Centers of Excellence. The growing academic department brings exciting opportunities for innovative patient care, team-based care models, teaching, and research.
We are seeking a BE/BC Neurologist to join our Neurohospitalist team at our flagship acute care facility and academic hub, Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center (CMC), a Joint Commission-designated Comprehensive Stroke Center and Level I trauma center, the hub of one the largest and most innovative stroke networks in the country, with advanced acute stroke imaging capabilities, 24/7 interventional stroke coverage, 24/7 board-certified neuroradiology coverage, 24/7 acute virtual care nurse coverage for triage of stroke and neurology cases, a code stroke registry that includes over 7000 patients annually, MRI, emergency EEG (Electroencephalogram) coverage, and in-house Neurocritical Care and Internal Medicine Hospitalists.
- Board eligible or Board certification in Neurology required.
- Vascular fellowship training (preferred)
- 7 on / 7 off schedule, 12-hour day shifts with night- time at home call with-in house Advanced Practice Provider (APP) coverage
- Academic faculty appointment with Wake Forest School of Medicine and teaching opportunities with medical students and residents
- Potential opportunity for leadership role within education as we seek to build a neurology residency program
- Opportunity to participate in virtual neurology and stroke services.
- Opportunity to participate in national clinical research trials and investigator-initiated studies based on a wealth of data from the stroke network. Applicants with an interest in research and with extramural funding are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Excellent clinical resources with acute virtual care RNs to help with triage and coordination of acute management and stroke and epilepsy nurse navigators.
- Rotations to Atrium Health Pineville, a 225-bed hospital serving southern Mecklenburg, York, and Lancaster Counties.
What Atrium Health has to offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Appealing work-life balance
- Academic opportunities with strong research support and expanding educational opportunities
- Network of over 2,500 employed physicians provides established referral base
About Atrium Health
Atrium Health is a nationally recognized leader in shaping health outcomes through innovative research, education and compassionate patient care. It is part of Advocate Health, the fifth-largest nonprofit health system in the U.S., serving nearly 6 million patients annually. Wake Forest University School of Medicine serves as the academic core of the enterprise.
In January 2023, Atrium Health broke ground on a second campus of the school of medicine – Wake Forest University School of Medicine Charlotte – to be constructed in the heart of a new, life-sciences research-driven innovation district, named “The Pearl.” The medical school will seat its first class in 2024.
Living in the Carolinas
When you call North or South Carolina home you’ll enjoy the best of southern charm, worldly cosmopolitan flair and unrivaled natural splendor with a low cost of living and high quality of life. Whether you yearn for majestic mountain views, the vibrant energy of world-class cities or coastal communities lined with sandy beaches along the shore, you can find what you’re looking for in the Carolinas.