A university health system in central Connecticut is excited to welcome a cognitive neurology faculty member to their division. Join a collegial Department of Neurology with over 20 providers and participate in a multispecialty academic group practice that provides patient-centered care rooted in evidence-based medicine.
The successful candidate will have a primarily outpatient, fully subspecialized cognitive neurology clinical practice. They will also work alongside a nurse practitioner who specifically focuses on cognitive issues in the elderly and sees patients in both the Geriatrics and Neurology departments. Clinical support from dedicated neurology nursing staff is also available.
There is also the opportunity to collaborate with a strong, research-oriented Geriatrics program and Memory Clinic, run by a geriatrician and a geriatric psychiatrist, and to participate in weekly Memory Clinic noon conference.
- Level 3 Trauma Center
- Thrombectomy Capable Stroke Center
- 2-bed EMU, NAEC Level 3 Epilepsy Center
- AANEM accredited Neurodiagnostic Lab performs over 800 EMG studies a year
- Infusion Suite in Cancer Center
- Recipient of five 2023 Quantros CareChex national awards for medical excellence, including the number one hospital in the market for neurological care, and in the top 10% in Connecticut, the northeast region and nationally.
Cognitive Neurology Faculty Highlights:
- Primarily outpatient cognitive neurology practice with minimal inpatient consult/call responsibilities
- 90%+ subspecialized dementia and cognitive neurology volume available
- Join NP who specializes in cognitive issues in the elderly
- Collaborate with robust geriatrics program and Memory Clinic
- Support for basic, translational and/or clinical trials research interests
- Faculty appointment
- Teaching opportunities with neurology residents and neuromuscular fellow
- Strong health and retirement benefits program, plus paid tuition for faculty children
About the location:
A lovely suburb of Hartford, the state’s capitol, this town provides access to all the big city amenities in a quaint New England setting. One million residents choose to reside in the greater Hartford area because it offers a tremendous selection of welcoming neighborhoods in which to live, excellent public and private schools, great restaurants, shopping, music, museums and historical areas. The central New England location puts you in close proximity to both New York City and Boston (each about 2 hours away by car) with easy access to dependable air and rail services (20 miles south of Bradly International Airport and 10 miles southwest of Hartford Union Station).
For more information or for any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Browse all of our positions here!