Hartford HealthCare’s Ayer Neuroscience Institute is seeking a Neuro-Trauma / Neuro-Spine Neurosurgeon to join Hartford Hospital in Hartford, CT.
Hartford Hospital is an 867-bed tertiary care, academic medical center, in the heart of downtown Hartford, CT. Hartford Hospital is a Joint Commission Comprehensive Stroke Center, NAEC Level 4 Epilepsy Center, and Joint Commission Advanced Spine Center.
The neurosurgery program at Hartford Hospital is robust, and one of the busiest in New England. With 9 Neurosurgeons on staff, and over 20+ Neurosurgery Physician Assistants, we complete over 2,000 neurosurgical cases annually. The neurosurgery program includes subspecialty expertise in Functional (incl. Deep Brain Stimulation), Epilepsy, Skull Base, Complex Spine, Neurosurgical Oncology, Vascular & Endovascular, spine, and trauma.
The new surgeon will walk into immediate volume, with a focus on urgent cases, neuro-trauma, traumatic brain injury, spine and spinal cord injuries, as well as complex spine. The surgeon will have the ability to maintain an elective practice, in addition to the acute and urgent neurosurgical interventions. Additionally, the surgeon will serve as the lead for neurosurgery with the trauma team, oversee the Head Injury Program, and will be a surgeon liaison for Neurocritical Care.
Practice and Hospital Highlights:
- 867-bed hospital with dedicated Neurosurgery ORs, neuroscience units, and Neuroscience ICU.
- Level 1 trauma center, Joint Commission Comprehensive Stroke Center, NAEC Level 4 Epilepsy Center, and Joint Commission Advanced Spine Center
- Robust surgical technology, including Mazor X spine robots, Medtronic O-Arm and Stealth Navigation, Zeiss microscopes, and ancillary equipment.
- 5 dedicated Neurosurgery ORs and OR staffing (incl. Perioperative Manager)
- 2 dedicated neuroscience units, and a dedicated 23 bed Neuroscience ICU, with neurocritical care nurses, APPs, and 8 Neurointensivists.
- Dedicated Neurosurgery Nurse Navigators to support patients through the pathway
- Neurosurgery Residency Program in collaboration UCONN School of Medicine
- Hartford Hospital has existing neurology residency and general surgery residency; opportunities for teaching and collaborative clinical research – UCONN has dedicated research department and will support any project with nurse and/or research coordinator
- Air ambulance service (LIFE STAR) that transports patients from throughout New England.
- Medical Degree from an Accredited University
- Interest in Neuro-Trauma & Neuro-Spine
- Candidate must be board certified or board eligible.
- Hold a CT license or be eligible for medical licensure in the State of Connecticut
- A strong work ethic and desire to participate in a team-oriented, performance-driven Health System
- Ability to respectfully collaborate and build relationships with a diverse set of teammates
- Ability to thrive in a constantly evolving environment, challenging the status quo and striving to innovate and improve care delivery
- Excellent communication, bedside manner, and organizational skills
Applicants should remit a letter of interest and CV to Clayton Tebbetts, Physician Recruitment via email at Clayton.Tebbetts@hhchealth.org or call/text (860) 249-6927.