Medical Director – Memory Care Center
Hartford HealthCare’s Ayer Neuroscience Institute seeks a visionary, fellowship-trained, full-time Medical Director for Hartford HealthCare’s Memory Care Program in CT.
The Ayer Neuroscience Institute is a rapidly expanding Multidisciplinary Institute with a focus on comprehensive patient care, academics, and research. The Institute enjoys the resources of a system committed to excellence in patient care, quality and experience. It boasts an impressive staff of world class Neuroscience experts that includes over 200 Neuroscience physicians and advanced practitioners. We are an academic institution affiliated with University of Connecticut School of Medicine and Quinnipiac University Medical School. We are actively involved in medical education of students, residents and fellows. We conduct clinical research in all major areas of care related to the Neurosciences.
The Memory Care Center is a multidisciplinary effort that is dedicated to diagnosing and treating patients with cognitive disorders. Our compassionate care team is comprised of specialists with expertise in Neurology, Neuropsychiatry, Neuropsychology, Clinical Social Work, and Advanced Practice Nursing. The Memory Care Center provides comprehensive diagnostic evaluations and treatments to each individual and their family and caregivers. The program addresses each patient and their care partner’s unique medical, psychosocial, educational, socioeconomic, and emotional needs.
The Medical Director will provide visionary leadership, direction, and oversight over the Memory Care Center. Supporting overall programmatic growth and development, the Medical Director will champion the seamless delivery of advanced memory care, facilitate the development of standardized practices and clinical pathways, recruit and supervise faculty and practice personnel, collaborate effectively with providers across multiple disciplines, and promote a positive, patient-centric atmosphere to ensure optimal patient care, continued improvement, and staff satisfaction.
The ideal candidate for this dynamic leadership opportunity is a medical professional who is a BE/BC Cognitive Neurologist, or General Neurologist with training and expertise in dementia & related cognitive disorders. The Medical Director will report to Dr. Mark Alberts, Co-Physician-in-Chief of the Ayer Neuroscience Institute & Chief of Neurology, Hartford Hospital.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Leadership and oversight of Hartford HealthCare’s Memory Care Center, in collaboration with the Co-Physician-in-Chief and other clinical and administrative leadership of the Ayer Neuroscience Institute.
- Provide personalized, coordinated outpatient evaluation and care of memory patients. There is no inpatient call or hospital-based care required.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of standardized practices and clinical pathways.
- Ensure seamless access and efficient patient throughput.
- Ensure that the multidisciplinary team provides each patient with an individualized and comprehensive assessment and meets the highest levels of patient experience.
- Promote an atmosphere of positive, effective interaction and facilitate relationships between and among providers within Hartford HealthCare.
- Educate residents about the diagnosis and treatment of patients with cognitive disorders.
- Initiate clinical research programs related to cognitive disorders.
- Participate in the Department of Neurology activities related to patient care, teaching, research and related matters.
- Lead the Memory Care Clinical Council meetings, with representation from multiple disciplines, regions and care venues.
- Collaborate with other councils, regions, institutes, departments and providers to form a seamless care continuum
- Develop care protocols that include the latest brain imaging techniques, testing for dementia bio markers and genetic risk factors, and disease modifying therapies.
About Hartford HealthCare:
The Hartford HealthCare network employs over 2,500 providers in over 400 practice locations throughout Connecticut. It includes seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and Hartford HealthCare Medical Group, one of the largest, physician-led, multi-specialty medical groups in New England.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel careers to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Hartford is in central CT and is located within 1 ½ - 2 hours of Boston and New York City and offers access to the finest schools in the nation. The area has four beautiful seasons for recreational activities, access to New England beaches and ski resorts, and options to live near the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas.
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits including low cost, high quality medical/dental, STD/LTD, matching 401(k), generous paid time off, CME, & more.
For more information or to schedule a 1:1 discussion:
Call, text or email HHC’s Neuroscience Recruiter Clayton Tebbetts at:
860-249-6927 - Clayton.Tebbetts@hhchealth.org