Houston Methodist Hospital (HMH), a beacon of excellence in patient care invites BC/BE Neurologists to apply for the position of Director of General Neurology within the Department of Neurology. With innovative and advanced treatment options, Houston Methodist is a neurological center of excellence and is nationally ranked #11 by US News & World Report.
Situated in the bustling Texas Medical Center, our facility is a nexus of world-class healthcare professionals and leading-edge research infrastructure. Celebrating over 100 years of service, proudly, we share that U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks Houston Methodist as the #1 Hospital System in Texas.
Summary of Position:
- Provide expert clinical care for patients, including diagnosis, treatment, and management of general neurological disorders. Up to 4 days of clinic a week.
- Support the neurology residency program by mentoring medical students, residents, and fellows in the practice of general neurology, a role that will be embedded in clinical care responsibilities.
- Foster the growth and development of innovation in clinical care through partnerships with the Physician Organization as well as opportunities in research programs that promote science and discovery, especially in healthcare quality.
- Serve as the Director of the General Neurology Division which consists of general neurologists, pain management specialists, and inpatient neurohospitalists. The Director will supervise the clinical operations, quality of clinical care, safety metrics, and patient clinic access, and patient satisfaction under the direction of the Department Chair.
- Assist Chair in mid-term and long-term planning for the growth of the division, recruitment of additional providers, and expansion of clinical services.
- The role will be a critical part of combining high-demand services and driving comprehensive clinical care as well as transitions of care from the inpatient to the outpatient setting.
- Work with the Chair to provide oversight and management of quality and safety initiatives in the department along with the hospital-based initiatives linked to patient safety and quality.
- Standardize clinical workflows as possible based on evidence-based medicine.
- Completed ACGME-accredited neurology residency.
- Texas Medical License (or eligible to be licensed).
- Demonstration of organizational skills, excellent clinical skills, strong communication skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven track record of clinical efficiency with tangible results in improving a healthcare environment.
- Possess clinical leadership with an interest in relationship building, and a commitment to holding a team accountable for a shared culture of excellence as demonstrated in the Methodist ICARE values.
- Interest in working with residents and medical students. Interest in achieving financial goals by ensuring expenses and productivity meet benchmark targets.
- Competitive compensation package including sign bonus and productivity bonus.
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Retirement Benefits
- Excellent PTO Plan
- Additional benefits include but are not limited to, EAP, Employee Discounts, and Gym Discounts.
Welcome to Houston
As the fourth-largest city in the United States, Houston is home to a respected and energetic arts community, celebrated restaurants, world-renowned theater groups, and the brains behind U.S. space exploration. Home to the third-largest consular corps in the nation, Houston is a mecca of diversity, giving breath to one of the most vivid cultural scenes in the country.
Houston Methodist ranked 2nd in Forbes “America’s Best Large Employers List”!
Interested candidates, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org