The Department of Neurology at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and UPMC is seeking a Clinical Director for Cognitive Disorders. Candidates for this position should be exceptional individuals who are passionate about Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias, with a vision to grow and lead the center for cognitive therapies, while providing exemplary clinical care. Must have an MD or equivalent, board certified in Neurology with the ability to obtain an unrestricted PA license. Prior experience demonstrating sound administrative capabilities in leading a clinical group is desired but not necessary.
- Seeking a Cognitive/ Behavioral Neurologist with experience and expertise
- Clinical focus on leading the delivery of quality patient care services, patient satisfaction, and regulatory standards
- Dedicated administrative time
- Academic opportunities with faculty appointment at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Resident and medical student teaching
- Research is encouraged and supported with dedicated research staff available
- Comprehensive benefit package including sign on and relocation allowance
- Board-certified or -eligible in Neurology
- Collaborate with a dedicated team of neurologists, neuropsychologists, geriatricians, geriatric psychiatrists, social workers, and allied support staff.
What we Offer:
- Competitive guaranteed base salary commensurate with experience and an outstanding benefit package
- Sign-on Bonus
- Relocation fee assistance
- Four (4) weeks of vacation with pay per year
- Two-four (2-4) additional paid weeks for CME activities per year
- H1B visa sponsorship if applicable
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine faculty appointment commensurate with experience
About The Department of Neurology at the University of Pittsburgh
- The University of Pittsburgh was ranked number 3 in medical research funding in 2022 and has been among the top 10 recipients of NIH research funding since 1998.
- The Department of Neurology is recipient of the highly selective NIH-funded R25 award for a Research Education Program for Residents and Fellows in Neurological Disorders and Stroke (and includes Neurosurgery and Neuropathology).
- Key areas of excellence in the Department of Neurology include the Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center (ADRC); the UPMC Stroke Institute; the Division of Women’s Neurology; the UPMC Headache Center; the Pittsburgh Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases (PIND); the UPMC Comprehensive Epilepsy Center.
- The Department of Neurology provides unparalleled educational experiences for medical students and residents, and has clinical fellowships in Epilepsy, Headache, Neuro-Oncology, Neuro-Critical Care, Women’s Neurology, Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke, Neuro-endovascular, Clinical Neurophysiology, and Movement Disorders.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
About the Community
- Internationally recognized culinary scene, and renowned centers of higher learning in the University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie-Mellon University
- Mid-size city with all the amenities of a large city and a friendly, community vibe
- Known as the City of Bridges, with 446 bridges, it has more than any city in the country
- Hit the Great Allegheny Passage, a 334-mile, car-free trail for hikers, runners and cyclists
- Famous sports culture
- Abundant with parks, museums, music, universities and much more!