The Department of Neurology at the Wayne State University School of Medicine is seeking applicants for faculty positions in multiple clinical and translational research programs. The Neurology Program has a strong tradition of clinical excellence is housed at the Detroit Medical Center, providing expert compassionate care to the Detroit communities. The Department remains highly active in both clinical and basic research with nationally recognized programs in Demyelinating Disorders & Neuroimmunology, Inherited Peripheral Nerve Diseases, Neuroimaging, Neurotrauma, Stroke, Epilepsy, Movement Disorders and Neurocritical Care and ranks nationally in NIH funding.
Excellent career opportunities for a young or seasoned faculty are available in the following positions:
The new faculty will:
- Participate in clinical services for Neurology patients within specialty space.
- Participate in research opportunities including clinical trials and clinical/imaging research.
- Participate in educational programs of the Department of Neurology for medical students, residents and fellows.
- M.D. or D.O. degree required from an accredited medical school.
- Board certified/board eligible in Neurology by ABPN.
- Rank commensurate with credentials.
- J1 visa holders are encouraged to apply.
To apply, submit your application using the following link: https://jobs.wayne.edu and the posting codes above. Candidates must submit a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three professional references.
Wayne State University is a premier, public, urban research university located in the heart of Detroit where students from all backgrounds are offered a rich, high quality education. Our deep rooted commitment to excellence, collaboration, integrity, diversity and inclusion creates exceptional educational opportunities preparing students for success in a diverse, global society. WSU encourages applications from women, people of color and other underrepresented people. WSU is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.