JOIN THE NORTON HEALTHCARE BRAIN TUMOR CENTER TEAM IN LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY
“ THE NORTON HEALTHCARE BRAIN TUMOR CENTER ENCOMPASSES THE EXPERTISE OF SKILLED PROVIDERS WHILE GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO PROVIDE TRUE MULTIDISCIPLINARY CARE TO PATIENTS IN ONE CLINICAL SETTING. I’VE BEEN TRAINED AT AND HAVE VISITED RENOWNED ACADEMIC HEALTH CENTERS, AND THE BRAIN TUMOR CENTER PROVIDES A UNIQUE, RARE, COLLABORATIVE EFFORT TO BENEFIT OUR PATIENTS.”
–KAYLYN D. SINICROPE, M.D., Norton Healthcare Brain Tumor Center
CAREER OPPORTUNITY FOR NEURO-ONCOLOGIST
NORTON HEALTHCARE is seeking a board-certified or board-eligible neuro-oncologist to join our multidisciplinary Norton Healthcare Brain Tumor Center, which sees over 300 new brain tumor patients annually.
The Norton Healthcare Brain Tumor Center, a joint effort between Norton Neuroscience Institute and Norton Cancer Institute, is the region’s largest, most comprehensive neuro-oncology program and serves our continually growing patient population through patient care as well as clinical trials. The multidisciplinary staff includes neuro-oncologists, neurosurgeons, radiation oncologists, behavioral oncologists, neuro-psychologists, speech-language therapists, and neurological rehabilitation specialists, all coordinated by a dedicated neuro-oncology patient navigator.
Our physicians stay on the leading edge of technology and oncology innovation through access to more than 200 clinical trials, including phase 1 trials and next-generation sequencing, to provide the latest targeted therapies. Named a Center of Excellence in radiation oncology, the center offers the latest in stereotactic radiosurgery through the use of TrueBeam STx. In addition, a comprehensive neurosurgery program uses state-of-the-art technology and expertise to offer minimally invasive neurosurgical care, including innovations such as laser interstitial thermal therapy and intraoperative neurosurgical robotics. As a multidisciplinary program, the Brain Tumor Center offers a suite of treatment options for every patient. Patient outcomes are tracked and reported at national meetings annually, including the Society for Neuro-Oncology.
Our providers are a part of Norton Medical Group, a physician-led medical group that employs more than 1,700 medical providers and offers a strong network of referrals.
To discuss this opportunity, contact Angela Elliott, senior recruiter, providers, Norton Medical Group, at (859) 613-1984. To see all of our career opportunities, visit BeANortonDoctor.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Candidate can either be a board-certified neurologist or oncologist, neuro-oncology training required
- No required stroke call for neurology-based providers and no benign hematology call for oncology providers
- Ability to create a case mix based on individual career interest
- Opportunity to join mature practice composed of a team of providers who have been working together for over a decade
- Competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- Medical malpractice and tail coverage provided
- Competitive sign-on bonus and relocation assistance
- Continuing medical education and dues allowance
ABOUT NORTON NEUROSCIENCE INSTITUTE
Video: NORTON NEUROSCIENCE INSTITUTE https://youtu.be/hk9eKvT4boA
NORTON NEUROSCIENCE INSTITUTE is a collaborative team of more than 120 subspecialized neuroscience providers, including:
- 10 neurosurgeons
- 3 neuropsychologists
- 4 LCSWs
- More than 50 advanced practice providers
- 40 Neurologists subspecialty-trained in:
- Memory care
- Multiple sclerosis
- Movement disorders
- Headache medicine
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Sports concussion
- Neurocritical Care
- Pediatric neurology
- Medical degree/diploma
- Residency/fellowship certification
- Kentucky medical license or license eligible
PROVIDER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- Norton Provider Leadership Academy
- Leadership councils
- Clinical research support
- Chronic disease task forces
- Operational and electronic health record efficiency improvement
- Provider well-being program
- Community education
- Clinical quality initiatives
WHY NORTON HEALTHCARE FOR YOUR CAREER?
- Approximately 850 Clinical Research Studies
- Professional growth programming through Norton Provider Leadership Academy
- Strong support network of advanced practice providers, nurse navigators, educators and social workers
- Strong continued investment in technology and physical spaces for improved patient care environments
- Norton Cancer Institute earned LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality Leader Designation (2018 to 2022)
- Ranked by Becker’s Healthcare as one of the 150 Top Places to Work In Healthcare in 2019
- Recognized as one of America’s Best Employers for Women by Forbes (2018 and 2019)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.