JOIN OUR EPILEPSY TEAM IN LOUISVILLE, KY
CAREER OPPORTUNITY FOR EPILEPTOLOGIST
NORTON NEUROSCIENCE INSTITUTE COMPREHENSIVE EPILEPSY CENTER, a part of Norton Healthcare, is seeking fellowship-trained epileptologists. The ideal candidates will join two fellowship-trained epileptologists and three advanced practice providers. Norton Neuroscience Institute has been recognized as a Level 4 Epilepsy Center by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers. Our center features a six-bed, state-of the-art epilepsy monitoring unit located on the Norton Brownsboro Hospital campus in Louisville, Kentucky.
Providers see over 4,300 unique patients a year, including over 700 patients with new epilepsy diagnoses within the past year. Our team of providers has over 100,000 patient visits a year, including surgery, diagnostics, outpatient and specialty visits.
To support growth, Norton Healthcare has invested over $100 million in developing Norton Neuroscience Institute to meet the growing needs of our community. This includes a $15 million investment in a 48,000-square-foot outpatient neuroscience center located on the Norton Brownsboro Hospital campus. This facility, which opened in 2021, is designed to facilitate a collaborative care model across neuroscience specialties while providing a single location of comprehensive care for patients.
Patients receive support resources through the Norton Neuroscience Institute resource Centers, which offer educational, therapeutic, support and exercise programs at no cost to the patient. Patient navigators are on staff to assist patients and families with scheduling, transportation needs, financial challenges, nutrition counseling and more.
To discuss this opportunity, contact Angela Elliott, senior recruiter, physicians, Norton Medical Group, at (859) 613-1984. See all of our career opportunities at BeANortonDoctor.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Fellowship trained in clinical neurophysiology or epilepsy preferred
- Ability to practice epileptology exclusively
- Comprehensive epilepsy center with fellowship-trained neurologists, neurosurgeons and neuropsychologists, as well as advanced practice providers, a social services coordinator and other providers
- Opportunity to participate in dedicated specialty clinics (ketogenic diet and neuromodulation), a monthly multidisciplinary refractory epilepsy conference and weekly neuroscience case conferences Surgical services, including robot-assisted stereotactic electroencephalogram, resection, NeuroPace, deep brain stimulation and vagus nerve stimulation
- Research opportunities and support available through the Norton Healthcare Research Office
- Competitive compensation package, including sign-on, relocation assistance and a production bonus option. For candidates coming out of fellowship, we offer up to $100,000 recruitment incentive, and as a nonprofit not-for-profit 501(c)(3) health care system, candidates may qualify for federal student loan forgiveness. For experienced candidates relocating into the market, we offer a retention bonus of up to $60,000
ABOUT NORTON NEUROSCIENCE INSTITUTE
Video: NORTON NEUROSCIENCE INSTITUTE https://youtu.be/hk9eKvT4boA
NORTON NEUROSCIENCE INSTITUTE is a collaborative team of more than 120 subspecialized neuroscience providers, including:
- 10 neurosurgeons
- 3 neuropsychologists
- 4 LCSWs
- More than 50 advanced practice providers
- 40 Neurologists subspecialty-trained in:
- Memory care
- Multiple sclerosis
- Movement disorders
- Headache medicine
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Sports concussion
- Neurocritical Care
- Pediatric neurology
- Medical degree/diploma
- Residency/fellowship certification
- Kentucky medical license or license eligible
PROVIDER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- Norton Provider Leadership Academy
- Leadership councils
- Clinical research support
- Chronic disease task forces
- Operational and electronic health record efficiency improvement
- Provider well-being program
- Community education
- Clinical quality initiatives
WHY NORTON HEALTHCARE FOR YOUR CAREER?
- Approximately 850 Clinical Research Studies
- Professional growth programming through Norton Provider Leadership Academy
- Strong support network of advanced practice providers, nurse navigators, educators and social workers
- Strong continued investment in technology and physical spaces for improved patient care environments
- Norton Cancer Institute earned LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality Leader Designation (2018 to 2022)
- Ranked by Becker’s Healthcare as one of the 150 Top Places to Work In Healthcare in 2019
- Recognized as one of America’s Best Employers for Women by Forbes (2018 and 2019)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.