ECU Health Physicians and ECU Health Neurology, located in Greenville, NC, is seeking a B/C or B/E Neurologist to join 10 Adult Neurologists, 1 Pediatric Neurologist and 4 Nurse Practitioners in an established practice. ECU Health Medical Center, a 974-bed level 1 trauma facility, serves as the regional leader for Neurosciences and is the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in eastern North Carolina. Visa candidates encouraged to apply. Visa candidates and candidates with an interest in resident education are encouraged to apply.
ECU Health is a 9 hospital system serving 29 eastern NC counties and 1.4 million people. Greenville (population 90,000+) is located 80 miles west of the beautiful North Carolina Coast and 80 miles east of Raleigh.
- Employment by ECU Health Physicians Hospital Privileges at ECU Health Medical Center Academic appointment with East Carolina University at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Professor
- Opportunities for research
- Established neuroscience team of 9 neurosurgeons, including 3 dual-trained cerebrovascular, an interventional neurologist, 4 inpatient vascular neurologists, 4 neurointensivists, 12 neurologists, 2 Pediatric Neurologists and a large team of Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
- Inpatient Stroke call covered by ECU Health Medical Center Neurohospitalist team
- On-site Infusion Suite In office Lab, EEG, EMG and Nerve Conduction ALS Clinic
- ECU Health Medical Center has a 24-bed NSICU led by Neurointensivists as well as a 75-bed CARF accredited rehabilitation center providing inpatient and outpatient support to neurology patients Strong investment in technology including Gamma Knife, NeuroBlate, and RAPID
- Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefit Package to include: Annual CME Stipend, Relocation, Vacation, Sick, & Holidays, Malpractice (with tail), 401k matching program/ 457b, Medical, Dental & Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits plan, qualified applicants may also be eligible for loan repayment, sign-on bonus, income guarantees, and residency/fellowship paid commitment stipends
ECU Health’s Neuroscience Program uses a multidisciplinary approach to provide a range of services to include diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of patients with neurological disorders. The hospital has specialty-trained staff in nursing, neurology, general neurosurgery, pediatric neurosurgery, vascular and endovascular neurosurgery, complex spine surgery, neuroradiology (including 24/7 in-house neuroradiology coverage), neuro-critical care and neuro-oncology. The Neuroscience team takes great pride in their patient- and family-centered
ECU Health Physicians, the employed provider group of ECU Health, is comprised of over 1,100 physicians and advanced practice providers across more than 130 locations in eastern North Carolina. The group provides the infrastructure and leadership needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
ECU Health Physicians includes an academic practice model (ECU employment) and a community practice model (health system employment). There is shared leadership and shared services to support the overall group and to ensure alignment for clinical care, research, education and strategy.
This innovative structure creates opportunities within ECU Health Physicians ranging from acute to ambulatory, academic practice to community practice, regional to rural, and everything in between.
Greenville: Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
If you, or a colleague, is interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Heather Kelly at (252) 406-4498 or Heather.Kelly@ecuhealth.org.
It is the goal of ECU Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.