ECU Health Physicians and ECU Health Neurology, located in Greenville, NC, are seeking a B/C or B/E Epileptologist to join 10 Adult Neurologists, 2 Pediatric Neurologists and 4 Nurse Practitioners in an established practice. ECU Health Medical Center, a 974-bed level 1 trauma facility, serves as the regional leader for Neurosciences and is the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in eastern North Carolina. Candidates with an interest in resident education are encouraged to apply.
ECU Health is a 9 hospital system serving 29 eastern NC counties and 1.4 million people. Greenville (population 90,000+) is located 80 miles west of the beautiful North Carolina Coast and 80 miles east of Raleigh.
- Employment by ECU Health Physicians
- Hospital Privileges at ECU Health Medical Center
- Primarily outpatient focused position
- Opportunities for research
- Established neuroscience team of 9 neurosurgeons, including 3 dual-trained cerebrovascular, an interventional neurologist, 4 inpatient vascular neurologists, 4 neurointensivists, 12 neurologists, 2 Pediatric Neurologists and a large team of Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
- Inpatient Stroke call covered by ECU Health Medical Center Neurohospitalist team
- On-site Infusion Suite, In office Lab, EEG, EMG and Nerve Conduction, ALS Clinic
- ECU Health Medical Center has a 24-bed NSICU led by Neurointensivists as well as a 75-bed CARF accredited rehabilitation center providing inpatient and outpatient support to neurology patients
- Strong investment in technology including Gamma Knife, NeuroBlate, and RAPID
- Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefit Package to include: Annual CME Stipend, Relocation, Vacation, Sick, & Holidays, Malpractice (with tail), 401k matching program/ 457b, Medical, Dental & Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits plan, qualified applicants may also be eligible for loan repayment, sign-on bonus, income guarantees, and residency/fellowship paid commitment stipends.
ECU Health’s Neuroscience Program uses a multidisciplinary approach to provide a range of services to include diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of patients with neurological disorders. The hospital has specialty-trained staff in nursing, neurology, general neurosurgery, vascular and endovascular neurosurgery, neuro-spine surgery, neuroradiology (including 24/7 in-house neuroradiology coverage), neuro-critical care and neuro-oncology. The Neuroscience team takes great pride in their patient- and family-centered approach to care, which promotes optimization of patient outcomes.
ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1,708-bed academic health care system serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of 13,000 team members, nine hospitals and a physician group that encompasses over 1,100 academic and community providers practicing in over 185 primary and specialty clinics located in more than 110 locations. The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and ECU Health Maynard Children’s Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health and the Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research. www.ecuhealth.org
ECU Health Physicians includes an academic practice model (ECU employment) and a community practice model (health system employment). There is shared leadership and shared services to support the overall group and to ensure alignment for clinical care, research, education and strategy.
This innovative structure creates opportunities within ECU Health Physicians ranging from acute to ambulatory, academic practice to community practice, regional to rural, and everything in between.
Greenville, NC: Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
If you, or a colleague, is interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Heather Kelly at (252) 406-4498 or Heather.Kelly@ecuhealth.org.