The Penn State Health Neuroscience Institute and Penn State Health Cancer Institute, Penn State College of Medicine are seeking a highly skilled and dedicated Neuro-Oncologist to join our team in Hershey, PA. As a Neuro-Oncologist at Penn State Health you will join the Division of Neuro-Oncology and Skull Base Surgery, Department of Neurosurgery with a joint appointment at the PSH Cancer Institute. You will work closely with a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals to provide comprehensive care for patients, including conducting assessments, developing treatment plans, and monitoring patients throughout their treatment journey. Your expertise in neuro-oncology will be critical in improving the quality of life and outcomes for individuals affected by brain and spinal tumors.
- The Division includes three fellowship trained neuro-oncology and skull base surgeons and three medical neuro-oncologists. Dedicated clinical cancer nurse and APP.
- Collaborate with a team of dedicated Neuropathology, Neuroradiology, Neuroophthalmology, Radiation Oncology and Medical Oncology.
- Mentor and teach medical students, resident and fellows.
- Supportive atmosphere to grow and develop subspecialty practice based on your niche.
PSH Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is the only locally based academic medical center in central Pennsylvania. The 619-bed medical center provides adults and children advanced patient-focused care for cancer, heart, vascular and neurological conditions. It is Pennsylvania’s only nationally verified Level I Trauma Center for both children and adults.
PSH Cancer Institute
Based on the campus of Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, Pa., Penn State Cancer Institute is committed to fighting cancer on every front: through education and prevention, early detection and diagnosis, effective treatment and survivorship programs. Clinical services are offered in Hershey and at two other locations in central Pennsylvania - State College, Pa., through a partnership with Mount Nittany Health and Reading, Pa., at Penn State Health St. Joseph. Penn State Health Cancer Center is a Member of the Big Ten Cancer Research Consortium.
PSH Neuroscience Institute
Penn State Neuroscience Institute has an ambitious goal. We want to be known around the world as a center for excellence in research, patient care and teaching. Our network includes Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine, as well as institutions like us throughout Pennsylvania.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary - guaranteed base salary and potential for both productivity and academic bonus opportunities.
- Health, dental, vision, life, disability, and malpractice insurance
- 20 days of vacation 10 days of CME
- 401k match up to 10%
- MD, MD/PhD, DO or equivalent degree
- BC/BE Neurology, Neurosurgery, Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology or Radiation Oncology with completion of a Neuro-Oncology fellowship
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania
- Must be able to obtain valid federal and state narcotics certificates
- A track record of clinical excellence is required
South central Pennsylvania is an exceptional combination of rural, suburban and city living which affords exceptional culture opportunities. With a low cost of living and excellent public schools, it’s a great place to call home. For the outdoors enthusiast, we have ample opportunities for hiking, biking, rowing, skiing, and hunting. For sports lovers, we are home to the American Hockey League’s Hershey Bears, the Washington Nationals AA Baseball’s Harrisburg Senators, and the Williams Grove Speedway. We are within a 2-hour drive to weekend destinations such as the Poconos, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Annapolis, and Baltimore, and only a 3-hour drive from New York City and the eastern shore.
For more information, please contact:
Kevin M. Cockroft, MD, MSc
Professor and Chair, Neurosurgery
c/o Ashley Nippert, Physician Recruiter
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.