Saint Alphonsus Medical Group (SAMG) is a physician-led, 500+ provider multi-specialty group seeking a BC/BE Neurologist committed to a multi-disciplinary team approach to patient care.
Schedule: 7-on, 7-off, days
- Inpatient opportunity, caring for stroke and general neurology patients at our Time Sensitive Emergency Level 1 (Comprehensive) Stroke Center, in Boise, ID
- Diagnostic and patient care services available to neurologists include EMG capability in the clinic and the hospital, EEG with web-based interpretation, TCD, and Botox injection
- Robust Neurosciences team including neurosurgeons, neurologists and vascular neurologists, fellowship-trained neurointensivists, neuroradiologists, neuropathologists, neuro-otolaryngologists, physiatrists, a neuro-ophthalmologist and oncologists.
- Our Neurohospitalist service has excellent support from an experienced Clinical Nurse Specialist as well as stroke program coordinators.
- Strong organizational support and investment in Neurosciences. Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Cener just opened Idaho's first and only Neuro/Trauma ICU in March 2023. This state-of-the-art unit includes 18 Neuro/Trauma ICU beds and 17 Neuro step-down beds.
Support Services: Well-established neurology outpatient clinic and inpatient neurology program located in Boise, third party tele-stroke services staffed by vascular neurologists, stroke coordinators, interventional neuroradiology service that includes biplane angiography, MRI/ MRA, CT/CTA, CT perfusion, 4-vessel angiography, and interventional stroke and aneurysm procedures.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree;
- Successful completion of an ACGME or AOA accredited residency-training program in Neurology; Fellowship in Neurohospitalist Stroke, Neurovascular or other a plus but not required
- Board certified or obtain such certification within 3 years of employment;
- Obtain Idaho medical licensure and granting of privileges at Saint Alphonsus and affiliated hospitals as needed;
- Valid controlled substance registration with Board of Pharmacy and DEA.
Compensation and Benefits
Generous compensation and benefits package including sign-on incentives, student loan repayment, relocation, CME Allocation, Malpractice Insurance (including tail), retirement with match, and Health/Dental/Vision.
Boise, Idaho's Capital City anchors a vibrant and growing mid-sized metropolitan area of 730,000 people. An outdoor enthusiast's paradise with a flourishing arts and entertainment scene, the region offers a reasonable cost of living, low crime rate, excellent cultural programs, neighborhood parks and nearby forests and rivers. Idaho's culture of physician independence also makes it one of the best places in America to be a practicing physician. The Boise Metro Area is consistently listed as one of the best places in the country to live, work and play! For more information on Boise, ID please visit cityofboise.org.
For more information contact Jason Schultz at firstname.lastname@example.org or (208) 302-9132.