Multiple positions available at UC Davis School of Medicine in Sacramento, California
UC Davis School of Medicine is recruiting a full-time Neurohospitalist and a full-time Vascular Neurologist to join their growing Department of Neurology. These positions are open to all ranks including Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level. The incoming providers can expect available research opportunities and academic involvement working with medical students, the robust neurology residency program, and fellows.
- Be the first Neurohospitalist with the opportunity to build and lead a new Neurohospitalist department, be involved in future hires, and potentially add a new fellowship program.
- Immense potential for leadership growth and development (leadership experience is not required)
- 24-hour shifts working 7 days on/off for 20 weeks per year
- Volumes: 5-15 patients per day, 10-bed dedicated ICU
Vascular Neurology Position:
- 100% Vascular Neurology case mix with a minimum of 20% academic protected time and 80% clinical
- Unique block scheduling rotating between inpatient stroke coverage and tele-stroke coverage, plus academic responsibilities and minimal clinical duties
- Potential leadership positions available include an outpatient stroke vascular neurology clinic leader (experience not required) and a leader in tele-stroke (experience preferred)
- Vascular Neurology Fellowship is required with the ability to sponsor H1B and O1 visas
- Ranked as the #1 place to live in California in 2023 by Forbes
- Offers year-round temperate weather with vibrant performing arts scene, great neighborhoods and excellent school systems
- Easy access to San Francisco, the California coast, Lake Tahoe, the Sierra Mountain range, and several wine regions including Napa and Sonoma
- Cost of living that is 22% lower than the California average
Job Reference: NEUR HOSP 23312