A non-profit health system comprised of six hospitals in the Portland, OR area, is excited to hire additional outpatient neurologists and vascular neurologists/neurohospitalists to their hospitals in Portland-Vancouver metro area. The immediate need is for sub-specialized neurologists in Epilepsy, Movement Disorders, Multiple Sclerosis and Neuro Muscular Neurology. All hospitals are 10-15 minutes from downtown Portland. Their flagship hospital has 554 beds and is only one of two level-1 trauma centers in Oregon.
Health System Highlights:
- Six hospitals; including children’s care at dedicated hospital
- NAEC Level 3 epilepsy center
- More than 70 primary care, specialty and urgent care clinics
- Nearly 3,000 doctors and providers
- Almost 14,000 employees
- Growing 20-person neurology department (9 neurohospitalists, plus 8 clinic neurologists and 3 APPs)
Outpatient Position Highlights:
- Majority Outpatient volume
- Ability to collaborate on DBS and epilepsy surgery
- Sub Specialty fellowship preferred but not required
- Ability for subspecialty focus in Epilepsy, Movement Disorders, Multiple Sclerosis and Neuro Muscular Neurology
- Schedule M-F, 8 am to 5 pm
- Will take call 1:6 weekends, Fri night - Mon. morning, covering two hospitals only 20 minutes apart, with rounding at both locations each day. Weeknight call is also 1:6 (single night) but taken by phone from home.
- Leadership opportunity available - develop and lead your subspecialty division
- Opportunity to teach residents
Stroke/ Neurohospitalist Position Highlights:
- Opportunity will be primarily located at the flagship hospital in Portland, Oregon, but some rotation to other sites should be expected.
- 100% inpatient volume – stroke heavy position
- Consult service
- Stroke fellowship or neurohospitalist experience required
- Flexible schedule – current schedule M-F, 7 am to 5 pm with a 3-week-on, 1-week-off rotation but they are open to a 7on/7off schedule
- Will take call 1:4 weekends
- Internal telestroke system to cover night call
- Leadership opportunity at each hospital
- Opportunity to teach internal medicine residents and medical students
For more information or for any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Browse all of our positions here!