A 433-bed tertiary care hospital, and the area’s only Level I Trauma Center in East-Central Illinois, together with its Medical Director of the Neurosciences Institute, and the VP of the Neurosciences Institute, is excited to welcome additional adult neurologists and a neuro-oncologist to join its team.
On the outpatient side, general neurology candidates, and candidates fellowship-trained in Headache, MS/neuro-immunology, and movement disorders. Additionally, candidates with interest in Neuro-Ophthalmology and Neuro-Oncology would be of interest to the program. The program is also excited to welcome neurohospitalist candidates with or without fellowship training.
The new neuro-oncologist will join a group of 7 neurosurgeons, 7 hematology/oncology physicians, 4 radiation oncologists, and several APPs.
Outpatient Position Highlights:
- Dedicated, on-campus infusion suites
- Potential for leadership
- Fully sub-specialized practice available
- Opportunities for teaching, research, and faculty appointment
- Non-burdensome call
- Competitive Compensation
- Extremely collegial physician and admin team
Neurohospitalist Opportunity Highlights
- Consultative Service Line
- 7 on / 7 off schedule / 12 hours per shift
- Vascular Neurology Fellowship is Desired, but not Required
- Academic & Research Opportunities Available
Neuro-oncology Position Highlights:
- 100% Neuro-oncology volume position / position under neurology department
- New hires must have an interest in mentoring and teaching neurology residents and medical students
- Neuro-oncologists will have clinic at the program’s Cancer Center Institute
- Neuro-oncologists will become a member of the future multi-disciplinary neuro-oncology clinic
- Exceptional opportunities to conduct basic science and translational research at the local university affiliate
- Unique opportunity to conduct clinical research using program’s state-of-the-art 7T MR suite.
- The program’s Hematology/Oncology, Radiation Oncology and Neurosurgery departments are committed to providing the highest quality of care for patients with primary and metastatic brain, base of skull and spine tumors
- Very competitive compensation plan
The area is anchored by the principal cities of Champaign and Urbana and is home to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The location is home to a beautifully diverse and intellectual population, a plethora of very affordable housing options, and many private and public schooling selections; it is the quintessential location to raise a family or put down roots. From the downtown “college-town” area near the university to more sprawling, suburban locales, Champaign – Urbana boasts great shopping (from big-box retailers to boutique shops), a cutting-edge restaurant scene, wonderful park systems, and a truly family-oriented community. Additionally, the winters in the area are very mild and lend to very active, outdoor lifestyles.
Champaign-Urbana is a 2-hour train ride to Chicago, 2-hours from Indianapolis, and the Bloomington airport has flights to many areas (and free parking!).
All in all, the location is wonderful for candidates who are seeking the benefits of a large, established city with the comfort and cost-of-living of small-town America.
For more information or for any questions, email us at email@example.com. Browse all of our positions here!