Job Title: Physician Assistant-Neurology *Sign-on Bonus*
Company: WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
City/State: Valhalla, NY
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Position: Per Diem
Hours: per diem
Hiring Range: $76.50 an hour
$10,000 Sign on Bonus
Be a part of an expanding neurology team and manage patients on the floor and step-down units. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a rapidly expanding physician assistant (PA) role. The neuroscience PA will provide inpatient care under the supervision of a dedicated neurologist.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Candidates must be board certified as a physician assistant and possess or be able to obtain a license in New York.
- Ideal candidates will have at least one year of minimum experience.
- Newly accredited practitioners with interest and abilities in neurology will be considered and are encouraged to apply.
- Must have excellent communication skills and demonstrate the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Provide direct and independent patient care and supports physicians in caring for all inpatient hospital neurology patients.
- The PA will be responsible for performing medical and neurological evaluations, treatment, follow-ups and consultations for all general neurology and stroke patients.
- Confers with attending physicians, residents, nursing staff, and/or other care providers to ensure optimum quality of patient care.
- Will act as a liaison between the neurological team and patients/families.
- Assists with discharge planning and follow up care plans.
- Serves on departmental and multidisciplinary committees, which influence or determine policies affecting medical practice.
- Will be given opportunities to perform procedures such lumbar punctures, line removals and feeding tube placements.
- Willing to train and orient the right candidate!
Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth) is a 1,900-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with nine hospitals on seven campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level I, Level II, and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region's only acute care children's hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, a state-of-the-art Telemedicine program, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, homecare services and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley. Westchester Medical Center Advanced Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WMCHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Westchester Medical Center Health Network to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age (40 or older), marital status, genetic information or carrier status, disability (mental or physical), citizenship status, pregnancy, military service or veteran status, arrest or criminal accusation, domestic violence victim status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.