Job Title: Nocturnist-Valhalla-Westchester Medical Center
Company: WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
City/State: Valhalla, NY
Position: Full Time
Hours: Night - 12 hour
Hiring Range: $280,000-$330,000
The Department of Neurology is looking for an internal medicine physician to cover neurology inpatients as a Nocturnist. They must ensure consistent coverage at night, and will be involved in quality initiatives that focus on improving patient care and outcomes, as well as work collaboratively with other healthcare professionals to provide comprehensive care to patients.
- 12-hour shifts 7p-7a, 7 days on, 7 days off. Alternatively, three (3) nights one week, four (4) the following week, depending on provider preference.
- Obtain sign out about all neurology patients in step down level of care and on the floor.
- Follow up on pending consultant notes, imaging studies, laboratory studies and other results as outlined in the handover sheet.
- Supervise the admitting resident to ensure they have completed the surrogate form and medication reconciliation.
- Provide consultation services on newly admitted patients and ensure that they are medically optimized.
- Conduct active rounds on unit and speak to patients and families as needed.
- Prepare medication reconciliation for patients being discharged to home, confirm receipt of medications and coverage with receiving pharmacy.
- Update patient hospital course and prepare discharge summaries with goal to allow for patient discharge order to be placed before 10am the following day.
- Update the handover document with new developments from overnight.
Qualifications / Requirements:
Candidates must be board certified/eligible in internal medicine and possess or be eligible for a New York State license. A strong interest in neurosciences, clinical care, teaching, research, and programmatic development are critical to this position.
Westchester Medical Center is 35 minutes north of New York City. Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth) is taking a regional approach to the healthcare needs of the Hudson Valley region and has recently acquired or affiliated with four hospitals throughout the region, with the intention of integrating or supplementing the services offered at these other hospitals. Westchester Medical Center is the primary academic medical center for the region and the University Hospital of New York Medical College. ACGME accredited neurosurgery, neurology, and radiology residency programs are based at WMC. This opportunity is within the New York City suburbs and is offered with a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, including professional liability insurance and an academic appointment with New York Medical College, if appropriate.
The Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth) is a 1,700-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with nine hospitals on eight campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level I, Level II and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region's only acute care children's hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, homecare services and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley.
For more information about this opportunity, contact Jasmine Campos, Advanced Clinical Recruiter at (914) 493-3774 or by email at Jasmine.Campos@WMCHealth.org.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Saving Account
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
WMCHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Westchester Medical Center Health Network to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age (40 or older), marital status, genetic information or carrier status, disability (mental or physical), citizenship status, pregnancy, military service or veteran status, arrest or criminal accusation, domestic violence victim status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.