The Department of Neurology at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) and School of Medicine is seeking exceptional general neurologists to join an established outpatient neurology practice in Center Township, Pennsylvania. Center Township is a suburb approximately 25 miles northwest of downtown Pittsburgh and less than 20 minutes from the Pittsburgh International Airport. The practice is located in a private, stand-alone office building with free, easily accessible parking and easy highway access. The physician will have a private office and exam room.
- Must be interested in practicing general neurology in a community setting
- Must have an MD or DO with the ability to obtain an unrestricted PA license
- Must be board certified in Neurology or board eligible with intent to become board certified within two years
- Interpretation and performance of electrodiagnostic studies (EMG/NCV) preferred but not required
- EEG reading opportunities exist for interested candidates
- Full-time, employed opportunity
- Well-established, busy community office with established patient panel and large referral base.
- Join 1 physician and 2 experienced APPs who have been with the practice for > 7 years.
- Enjoy the benefits of a community/suburban practice with the support and benefits of a large university health system.
- Outpatient only. No hospital or call responsibilities. No weekend or night call. Major holidays off.
- Excellent work/life balance
- Clinic schedule is M - F 8 AM - 5PM with ½ day per week administrative time, though schedule is negotiable. Compensation will vary based on schedule
- EMG equipment available in the office
- Dedicated clinical/administrative support
- Epic EMR
WHAT WE OFFER
- Sign-on bonus
- Relocation up to $10K
- 20 working days PTO (4 weeks)
- 10 working days of CME allowance
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine faculty appointment commensurate with experience
- Research opportunities through University of Pittsburgh, if interested
- H1B visa sponsorship
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Health, Vision, Dental
- 403(b) Retirement plan with generous match
- Company paid short-term disability with salary continuation and long-term disability
- Employee, dependent & supplemental life insurance
- Paid parental leave and adoption assistance
- Medical Malpractice
- CME allowance
- Paid licensure and professional dues
About The Department of Neurology and UPMC
- Key areas of excellence in the Department of Neurology include the UPMC Stroke Institute; the UPMC Headache Center; the Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center (ADRC); the Pittsburgh Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases (PIND); the American Parkinson Disease Association Advanced Center for Parkinson’s Research; the Pittsburgh Institute for Multiple Sclerosis Care and Research; and the UPMC Comprehensive Epilepsy Center of Excellence.
- The Department of Neurology provides unparalleled educational experiences for medical students, residents, and fellows focused on Epilepsy, Headache, Neuro-Oncology, Neuro-Critical Care, Women’s Neurology, Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke, Neuro-endovascular, Clinical Neurophysiology, and Movement Disorders.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among the top recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
- Pittsburgh leaped to No. 26 on U.S. News and World Report’s list of the Best Places to Live in the U.S. for 2022. It was also named the sixth-best U.S. city to live based on affordability.
- Internationally recognized culinary scene, and renowned centers of higher learning in the University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie-Mellon University
- Mid-size city with all the amenities of a large city and a friendly, community vibe
- Known as the City of Bridges, with 446 bridges, it has more than any city in the country
- Hit the Great Allegheny Passage, a 334-mile, car-free trail for hikers, runners and cyclists
- Unmatched sports culture
- Abundant with parks, museums, music, universities and much more!
To learn more, please send your CV to Lori Leo; firstname.lastname@example.org