A well-regarded neuroscience program in Tallahassee, Florida is hiring outpatient neurologists to join its practice and interventional neurologists to join their group of four neurologists and four neurosurgeons. General Neurologists and Neurologists with subspecialty training in Epilepsy and Movement Disorders would be extremely well-supported. There is a growing need due to physician retirement. Two of the four current surgeons have endovascular training, and the vascular component of their practice is growing rapidly. This year they expect to treat over 100 cerebral aneurysms.
The group practices at a single 772-bed community-based tertiary care hospital. The extended service area for the hospital is roughly 800,000 people.
- 722 beds, grown to over 800
- Level II Trauma Center
- Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center
- AHCA Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Regional Referral center serving more than 17 counties
- Private, Not-For-Profit Hospital
- New ICU Surgical tower
- 2 new bi-planes
- New CT Scanner
Outpatient Position Highlights:
- Incredibly high demand for trained epileptologist to partner with current epileptologist at the practice
- Monday-Friday 8-5 schedule
- Research opportunities available
- Zero Call
- Hospitalist group covers inpatient responsibilities
- In-House epilepsy surgeon on staff
Interventional Position Highlights:
- Income guarantee
- Call 1:5 (approximately 6 calls per month covering neurosurgery and vascular/stroke) and first call goes to mid-level support
- 4 additional call nights per month as vascular backup/stroke call
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- 2000 stroke alerts, 125 TPA administrations, 100 thrombectomies per year on average
Tallahassee, Florida offers a distinct culture and community with access to some of the world's greatest beaches. The capital city, Tallahassee is a hub of political activity and home to universities, research institutes and some of Florida's most pristine nature. Often described as 'The Other Florida' with its deep-rooted history, rolling hills, mild climate, southern-style hospitality and canopy roads of moss-draped oaks. Tallahassee is a medium-sized city with a vibrant academic and artistic community, complemented by old-fashioned charm. Tallahassee is located in the central northwest panhandle region of Florida, 30 minutes north of the Gulf of Mexico and 30 minutes south of Thomasville, Georgia. This region marks the center of the eight-county “Big-Bend” area. Tallahassee is a great place to live and a better place to practice!
For more information or for any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Browse all of our positions here!