Full-time | Monday – Friday | Call
Munson Healthcare Neurology, in beautiful Traverse City, MI, is seeking excellent BE/BC Neurologists to join our growing team. The position is supported by a team of medical assistants, a physician assistant, and four neurologists with varied expertise in outpatient stroke, headaches, and epilepsy. The ideal candidate is attracted to a busy outpatient practice and interested in becoming a vital part of our expansive neurosciences team.
Munson Healthcare Neurology provides comprehensive treatment for the most complex neurological diseases, including stroke, epilepsy, brain tumors, Parkinson’s disease, movement disorders, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s Disease, headaches, as well as neuropathy, restless leg syndrome and ataxia. MMC is a Primary Stroke Center and has expanded its stroke services to include thrombectomy and other advanced vascular neurosurgery procedures. This is a hospital employed, outpatient, general neurology position with the option to include a subspecialty focus. Training in EEG, EMG, or neuromuscular is desired.
Munson Healthcare is northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system caring for half a million lives. In this position you will join a team of knowledgeable and skilled medical staff representing more than 76 specialties, working in a collaborative, quality, patient-centered environment. Join a not-for-profit healthcare system and find the right balance between a rewarding career and living in a region that offers a rich blend of adventure, relaxation, and breathtaking natural attractions.
Munson Healthcare offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
- Competitive compensation and full benefits
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug insurance plans
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Malpractice insurance
- Paid time off
- Join a strong interdisciplinary team to provide individualized, exceptional care to patients.
- APP and medical assistant support.
- Supportive of subspecialty interests mixed with general practice
- Supports neuro-hospitalist inpatient team
- 1:9 in-house, weekend call 7am-7pm (following Monday off)
- 4 in-house, weekday/year call 7am-7pm
- New or experienced neurologists encouraged to apply
- Board certified or board eligible
- MI license or eligible for medication licensure in the State of Michigan
- Completion of an ACGME approved neurology residency or its equivalent
ABOUT THE MUNSON PHYSICIAN NETWORK
Physicians & Advance Practice Providers employed by or under a Professional Services Agreement with an MHC entity
NOTE: Does not include independent members of the medical staff
- 550+ Physicians and Advance Practice Providers
- >65 Practice Sites
- Primary and Specialty Care
- Inpatient and Ambulatory Care
- $120M Net Revenue Annually
- Area of Continued Strategic Growth for MHC
ABOUT MUNSON MEDICAL CENTER
Munson Medical Center – the regional referral center for all of northern Michigan – has earned a national reputation for top quality care. The 442-bed hospital offers the only verified Level II Trauma Center and Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Michigan’s northern lower peninsula, nationally recognized cardiac care provided at the Webber Heart Center, advanced oncology services in the leading-edge Cowell Family Cancer Center, a Primary Stroke Center, heart and cancer research programs, a robust teaching hospital for residents, interns, medical students, and nursing students, and a stellar orthopedics program. Munson Medical Center has served Grand Traverse, Leelanau, and Antrim counties since 1915, with a long history and heritage of keeping patients at the center of all they do.
As a non-profit healthcare system, Munson Healthcare provides more than $60 million annually in:
- Community Education
- Free, discounted, and unreimbursed healthcare services
- Healthcare programs
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Munson Healthcare grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.