If it’s possible, you will find it at Atrium Health—the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. We invite fellowship trained BE/BC Neurologist to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds, and progressive visionaries together in our Cognitive Neurology program at Atrium Health Atrium Health Neurosciences Institute-Neurology (NIN) in Charlotte, NC.
We invite highly qualified candidates who are committed to excellence in patient care, possess strong clinical skills, and have interest in academics. Candidates should have experience and expertise within Cognitive Neurology. Leadership or administrative experience is a plus.
The Neurology Department at Atrium Health is a rapidly growing network of 70+ neurology providers that support 15 care locations across the greater Charlotte region.
Atrium Health administers the largest stroke network in the Charlotte metropolitan area and one of the fastest growing cities in the country. The growing academic department brings exciting opportunities for innovative patient care, team-based care models, teaching and research.
About the Opportunities:
- Seeking a fellowship-trained/experienced Cognitive Neurologist to grow and lead our Cognitive Program.
- Dedicated administrative time.
- Opportunity to develop a comprehensive cognitive program with multispecialty resources across the system.
- Close partnership with nationally recognized Wake Forest Alzheimer’s Research Center.
- Work with a multidisciplinary care model with close partnerships with primary care, senior care, neurorehabilitation. Strong support with social work, dedicated nursing staff and neuropsychologists.
- Academic opportunities with faculty appointment with Wake Forest University.
- Research is encouraged and supported with dedicated research staff available.
What Atrium Health has to offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Appealing work-life balance.
- Academic opportunities with strong research support and expanding education opportunities including new Charlotte campus for Wake Forest School of Medicine to open in 2024.
- Network of over 2500 employed physicians provides established referral base.
About Atrium Health
Atrium Health is a nationally recognized leader in shaping health outcomes through innovative research, education and compassionate patient care. It is part of Advocate Health, the fifth-largest nonprofit health system in the U.S., serving nearly 6 million patients annually. Wake Forest University School of Medicine serves as the academic core of the enterprise.
In January 2023, Atrium Health broke ground on a second campus of the school of medicine – Wake Forest University School of Medicine Charlotte – to be constructed in the heart of a new, life-sciences research-driven innovation district, named “The Pearl.” The medical school will seat its first class in 2024.
Living in the Carolinas
When you call North or South Carolina home you’ll enjoy the best of southern charm, worldly cosmopolitan flair and unrivaled natural splendor with a low cost of living and high quality of life. Whether you yearn for majestic mountain views, the vibrant energy of world-class cities or coastal communities lined with sandy beaches along the shore, you can find what you’re looking for in the Carolinas.