ChristianaCare, a nationally recognized leader in healthcare, is actively recruiting a BE/BC Neurologist to join Delaware's largest employed outpatient Neurology practice based in Newark, Delaware.
The Neuroscience Service Line at ChristianaCare includes a robust inpatient neuro-hospitalist service, a comprehensive stroke center, a neuro critical care unit, a neuro-interventional surgical service, as well as a large multi-subspecialty ambulatory practice. The ambulatory practice includes 11 Board Certified Neurologists, 2 Pediatric Neurologists, 6 advanced practice providers, 6 clinical nurses, a full-time social worker, an embedded specialty pharmacy concierge and pharmacist, and an embedded psychologist.
- To achieve a patient centered, comprehensive coordinated care model that is nurse-led, our outpatient neurology practice is organized into 4 teams, consisting of physicians, an advanced practice clinical, a nurse, an office assistant, and medical assistants
- Our practice has subspecialists in every facet of Neurology and encourages robust collaboration between our providers
- Opportunity to scale up to 100% Neuromuscular medicine or maintain a blend of Neuromuscular and General Neurology.
- Blocked time to perform EMGs.
- Ability to perform Botox, blocks and other injections, if desired.
- 1:5 weekend call with no stroke call
- Opportunity to be involved in medical student and resident education.
- President/CEO Dr. Janice Nevin named among 50 Most Influential Clinical Executives in 2023 By Modern Healthcare
- Named among Forbes Best Employer for Diversity & Inclusion in The U.S. For 2023
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Base salary, bonus incentives, plus sign-on bonus. Eligibility for PSLF participation.
- Six Weeks of Paid Time Off
- Generous CME Paid Time and Allowance
- 403(b) (with company match), 457b and Defined Contribution Plans
- Fully paid malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Robust employee wellness program including a variety of membership and discount options.
- BE/BC in Neurology
- Fellowship training in EEG- Clinical Neurophysiology, EMG- Clinical Neurophysiology Neuromuscular Medicine or Headache Medicine optional
- Must have the ability to be licensed in the State of Delaware and meet credentialing requirements
Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, ChristianaCare is one of the country's most dynamic health care organizations! ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of primary care and outpatient services, home health care, urgent care centers, three hospitals (1,336 beds), a freestanding emergency department, a Level I trauma center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women's health.
ChristianaCare is rated by Forbes as the 2nd best health system for diversity and inclusion, and the 29th best health system to work for in the United States, and by IDG Computerworld as one of the nation's Best Places to Work in IT. ChristianaCare is rated by Healthgrades as one of America's 50 Best Hospitals and continually ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report, Newsweek, and other national quality ratings.
Living in and around Delaware offers varied and affordable housing options in DE, PA, MD, or NJ. Connected by Amtrak and I-95 this region is a hub for excellent restaurants, entertainment and sporting venues, cultural events and some of the nation's best colleges and universities. Our location puts you within 1-3 hours of four international airports, major cities including Philadelphia, New York City and Washington, D.C., popular beach towns in MD, DE and NJ and popular ski resorts in PA and NY.
ChristianaCare Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.