Chief of Child Neurology
The University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC), Department of Neurology is seeking a Division Chief to oversee the Child Neurology Division at URMC and all affiliated sites.
- The Division Chief will hold the Frederick A. Horner M.D. Distinguished Professorship in Pediatric Neurology
- Participate in direct patient care and play a key role in the advancement of clinical, research and education missions of the University of Rochester Medical Center, Department of Neurology and the continued evolution of its Strategic Plan.
- Partner with leadership of the various neurology research centers to foster clinical and translational research.
- Work closely with both the Departments of Neurology and Pediatrics, including subspecialty programs in movement disorders, neuromuscular disease, demyelinating diseases, epilepsy, leukodystrophies, neurogenetics, neurodevelopmental disabilities, neurocritical care, neuro-infectious disease, functional neurological disorders, headache/pain, and neuropalliative care.
- The Division of Child Neurology consists of 22 faculty physicians, 1 neuropsychologist, 1 genetic counselor, 7 advanced practice providers, 3 nurses, and a social worker who provide multidisciplinary care at the Golisano Children’s Hospital
- Largest Child Neurology program in NY State and provides national and international care for patients with neurological diseases, including rare diseases, who travel to Rochester to access expert care.
- Must possess an MD degree or equivalent
- Must obtain NYS Medical licensure before starting
- Eligible for a Faculty Appointment at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry at the level of Associate professor or above.
- Board Certified in Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
- Post offer Drug Screen and Health Assessment required
- Criminal background check required
- Compliance with University and New York State health requirements
Academic rank and salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Rochester is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
All applicants must apply online. Please submit complete curriculum vitae, letter of interest, and a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion statement. Please direct any questions regarding this position to: Faculty_TA@urmc.rochester.edu
Internal job posting #247200