The Department of Neurology at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center is seeking a full-time neurologist to join a growing academic program. Vascular or neurocritical care fellowship training or substantial neurohospitalist experience is desirable. Candidate must be BC/BE in neurology and be eligible for a California medical license. Roles would include clinical care in the inpatient neurology services, preceptorship in clinic, teaching and mentoring of medical students and residents, and service on departmental and hospital committees. Call and weekends are shared amongst faculty; after-hours call and overtime are additionally compensated.
With a growing neurology residency program and clinical services, highly supportive administration, and family-feel department and staff, Harbor-UCLA is an excellent place to establish or advance your career.
About the position:
- Core faculty for the Harbor-UCLA neurology residency program
- Faculty appointment at UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine
- Underserved, diverse and large immigrant patient population
- Opportunities for education, quality improvement, research
- Excellent benefits, including pension plan and 457(b) plan with employer match; medical, dental, and life insurance plans with a variety of pre-tax and after-tax benefits
- Paid holidays, sick leave and education time
- Qualifies for numerous physician loan repayment programs and public service loan forgiveness programs
- Professional liability coverage
About the medical center:
Harbor-UCLA Medical Center is part of the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services, the second-largest municipal public health system in the nation. A tertiary care, level 1 adult trauma center, Harbor-UCLA provides equitable and exceptional care to an underserved population in the southwestern region of Los Angeles County. Harbor-UCLA’s vision is to be an inclusive healthcare organization, nationally recognized for innovative and community-engaged patient care, education, and research.
For more information, please visit:
Please email your cover letter and CV to Susan Shaw, M.D., Chair of Neurology, at firstname.lastname@example.org