The Department of Neurology at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, ranked the No. 1 hospital in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and the No. 2 hospital in Texas by U.S. News and World Report, is seeking an academic Movement Disorders Neurologist. The Medical Center has been designated as a participating site within the Network for Excellence in Neuroscience Clinical Trials (NeuroNEXT).
- We are a vibrant group of 11 full-time clinicians and researchers, including internationally recognized leaders in ataxia, dystonia, and tremor. We also have 3 APPs who support our clinical endeavors.
- 5 faculty PIs have R01-level NIH funding.
- Robust Neuromodulation program integrated with neurosurgery and neuroradiology.
- Multidisciplinary Ataxia Center of Excellence
- Collaboration with faculty in the Advanced Imaging Research Center (AIRC) for novel imaging in Movement Disorders.
- Opportunity for subspecialty focus within Movement Disorders.
- Teach and mentor trainees in our movement disorders fellowship program – with an annual complement of up to 2 adult fellows per year.
- Collaboration with pediatric movement specialists
- Grow your academic career with our robust Faculty Development program, housed within our larger department of 90+ neurology faculty across 14 subspecialty sections.
- Be a part of the Peter O’Donnell Jr. Brain Institute, which is a rapidly expanding enterprise supporting clinical, educational, research, and outreach efforts.
- Full time ambulatory clinical effort is considered 46 weeks.
- Possess or be eligible for medical licensure in the State of Texas.
- Board certified/board eligible by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology for adult or child neurology.
- Completed a 2-year fellowship in movement disorders.
Appointment rank will be commensurate with academic accomplishments and experience. Consideration may be given to applicants seeking less than a full-time schedule. For consideration see current Neurology Job Postings and email your CV to email@example.com
- Competitive rank and base salary commensurate with experience and an outstanding benefit package
- Allowance for educational and academic pursuits (society dues, books, travel to meetings, license to renewal)
- Two types of retirement programs, including a lifetime annuity pension plan with a substantial employer match contribution.
- On-Site Child Care
Dallas Community Life:
The Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex boasts a strong economy, a wide range of cultural and recreational opportunities, and many communities with affordable high- quality housing and excellent schools.
- 4th Most diverse city in the US
- 6th Largest LGBTQI+ community in the US
- Largest urban arts district
- Major travel hub with a diverse food scene
- No state income tax
About UT Southwestern:
UT Southwestern, one of the premier academic medical centers in the nation, integrates pioneering biomedical research with exceptional clinical care and education.
The institution’s faculty includes many distinguished members, including:
- 6 who have been awarded Nobel Prize since 1985, 4 of whom are active faculty members – more than any other medical school in the world.
- 25 members of the National Academy of Sciences
- 17 members of the National Academy of Medicine
- 14 investigators with the Howard Hughes Medical Institute
The faculty of more than 2,800 is responsible for groundbreaking medical advances and is committed to translating science-driven research quickly to new clinical treatments. Research funding of more than 554.4 million per year to fund about 5,800 research projects.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status. To learn more, please visit: https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/why-work-here/diversity-inclusion/