UPMC Central Pa., a growing, multi-site health care system, is seeking a Cognitive/Behavioral Neurologist to join our growing Neurology department in Harrisburg, Pa. General neurology along with the opportunity to build a specialized clinic in aging-related cognitive health and Neurodegeneration. Must be BC/BE in Neurology and Cognitive/Behavioral neurology fellowship training or foreign equivalent.
- Outpatient-based services
- Comprehensive Neuroscience team including neurologists and APPs, 3 neuropsychologists, neurodiagnostics and outpatient social workers.
- Strong referral sources, including specialized geriatric medicine providers/program
- Neuropsychology testing available along with neurodiagnostics
- Locally, 3 community hospitals, 3 outpatient sites and 3 satellite clinics
- Ability to build a practice that includes an APP.
- Teaching opportunities
- See 10-15 patients per day
- Practice includes general neurology along with the opportunity to build a specialized clinic in aging-related cognitive health and neurodegeneration
What we Offer:
- Competitive base salary, plus commencement and retention bonus
- Health, life and disability insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Defined contribution plan; 403(b) plan with employer match
- Professional dues
- CME time
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Relocation Allowance
About UPMC Central Pa. and UPMC:
- UPMC Central Pa. is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities.
- The not-for-profit system cares for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care and leading-edge diagnostic services.
- The UPMC Central Pa. health system includes seven acute care hospitals with 1,161 licensed beds, over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities, more than 2,900 physicians and allied health professionals, and approximately 11,000 employees.
- It is a health care hub serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams, and parts of Snyder counties.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among the top recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
About Our Communities:
- Southcentral Pennsylvania offers endless possibilities: city excitement, rural respite, and suburban family life and community can all be found here. Enjoy excellent work/life balance with easy commutes to work. In addition to fabulous dining, we offer an abundance of sports, arts, cultural events, and entertainment. We are close to historically significant areas such as Gettysburg and world-famous Hershey Park and Hershey’s Chocolate World.
- The area offers top-rated public schools, blue-ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvania’s top colleges and universities.
- Area school districts are consistently ranked in the top 20% of Pennsylvania.
- With affordable homes—a composite cost of living index of 99.7, compared to 101.2 in Philadelphia—it’s a great place to grow a career and family.
- Listed among Forbes.com “America’s Most Livable Cities,” and ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Cities to Live,” we are a two to three-hour drive away from New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
Interested candidates should send their CV to Lori Leo, firstname.lastname@example.org