The Department of Neurology at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) and School of Medicine is seeking epileptologists with interest in autoimmune epilepsy, genetics, or late onset epilepsy to join our robust epilepsy center in a world class health system. Applicants should have experience in all aspects of clinical epilepsy, including electroencephalography, continuous-EEG monitoring, noninvasive and invasive video-EEG evaluations in the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit, and the comprehensive medical management of patients with drug-resistant epilepsy. Two-year subspecialty epilepsy training is preferred. Ideal candidates must be qualified for medical licensure in Pennsylvania and meet the requirements necessary for a faculty position at the University of Pittsburgh.
About the Epilepsy Division and University of Pittsburgh Comprehensive Epilepsy Center (UPCEC) in the Department of Neurology at University of Pittsburgh
- The University of Pittsburgh is ranked among the top 10 recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer based in Pittsburgh, PA
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care systemwide through the UPMC Epilepsy System of Care
- The UPCEC is a Level 4 NAEC Epilepsy Center and is among the best equipped epilepsy centers in the world: a dedicated 8-bed adult epilepsy monitoring unit (EMU) with the latest EEG equipment with expansion plans to 12-beds, extensive EEG facilities with a dedicated Continuous EEG (CEEG) Monitoring Service, multimodality neuroimaging that includes 3.0–7.0 T MRI, fMRI, PET, PET-MRI, SPECT, and the latest model of the whole-head MEG System.
- Among many other things, our multidisciplinary treatment team prides itself with a collaborative culture, a dedicated super tech team of Analysts supporting our growing CEEG Monitoring Service, and remotely controlled automatic SPECT injectors.
UPMC Central Pa., a growing, multi-site health care system, is seeking a Neurologist specializing in Epitology to join our growing Neurology department in Harrisburg, Pa. Join more than 2,900 physicians/allied health professionals serving a 10-county area in advancing the full continuum of neurology services. Must be BC/BE in Neurology and Epilepsy fellowship training or foreign equivalent.
Opportunity Details: Harrisburg
- General neurology with the opportunity to establish specialized interest in epilepsy-seizure management services
- Primarily outpatient with minimal hospital rotations and shared call responsibilities
- Advanced practitioners provide follow-up and continuing care
- Strong referral base of patients within the community
- Fluency in EEG’s required for interpretation
- Neurodiagnostic technicians available to assist with EEGs
- Assist in the development of EMU and Ceribell services
- Assist in the development of a functional neurosurgery program
- Opportunity for teaching including IM student rotations, medical school rotations, and occasional lectures.
- Strong connection with the UPMC Pittsburgh neurology department including academic and educational offerings.
What we Offer:
Competitive rank and base salary commensurate with experience and an outstanding benefit package
Excellent work/life balance
Health, life and disability insurance
Medical malpractice insurance
Defined contribution plan; 403(b) plan with employer match
About UPMC in Central Pa and UPMC:
- UPMC in Central Pa. is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities.
- As part of the UPMC not-for-profit system, UPMC in Central Pa. cares for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care, and leading-edge diagnostic services.
- UPMC in Central Pa. includes seven acute care hospitals with 1,160 licensed beds, over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities, more than 2,900 physicians and allied health professionals, and approximately 11,000 employees. It is a health care hub serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams, and parts of Snyder counties.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among the top recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
About our communities:
Pittsburgh leaped to No. 26 on U.S. News and World Report’s list of the Best Places to Live in the U.S. for 2022. It was also named the sixth-best U.S. city to live based on affordability.
Internationally recognized culinary scene, and renowned centers of higher learning in the University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie-Mellon University
Mid-size city with all the amenities of a large city and a friendly, community vibe
Known as the City of Bridges, with 446 bridges, it has more than any city in the country
Hit the Great Allegheny Passage, a 334-mile, car-free trail for hikers, runners and cyclists
Unmatched sports culture
Abundant with parks, museums, music, universities and much more!
- Features both rural and suburban living and boasts an abundance of sports, arts, cultural events, and entertainment.
- Close to historically significant areas such as Gettysburg and world-famous Hershey Park and Hershey's Chocolate World.
- Offers top-rated public schools, blue-ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvania's top colleges and universities.
- Area school districts are consistently ranked in the top 20% of Pennsylvania.
- With affordable homes — a composite cost of living index of 99.7, compared to 101.2 in Philadelphia — it's a great place to grow a career and family.
- Listed among Forbes.com “America's Most Livable Cities,” and ranked in U.S. News & World Report's “Best Cities to Live” in 2017, we are a two- to three-hour drive away from New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
Interested candidates should send their CV to Lori Leo, firstname.lastname@example.org