The Department of Neurology at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and UPMC is seeking an exceptional Division Chief for General, Comprehensive Neurology to join and help lead our world class health system. Must have an MD or equivalent, board certified in Neurology with the ability to obtain an unrestricted PA license, and proven administrative capabilities in leading a department, division, or clinical group.
- Become part of our 85 clinical faculty with expertise in all clinical specialties.
- Dedicated clinical/administrative support
- Excellent work/life balance
- No weekend or night calls
- Supported by physician extenders
- Collegial environment
What we Offer:
- Sign-on bonus
- Relocation up to $10K
- Competitive rank and base salary commensurate with experience and an outstanding benefit package
- 20 working days PTO (4 weeks)
- Up to 20 working days of CME allowance (4 weeks)
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine faculty appointment commensurate with experience
- H1B visa sponsorship
About The Department of Neurology at the University of Pittsburgh & UPMC:
- Key areas of excellence in the Department of Neurology include the UPMC Stroke Institute; the UPMC Headache Center; the Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center (ADRC); the Pittsburgh Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases (PIND); the American Parkinson Disease Association Advanced Center for Parkinson’s Research; the Pittsburgh Institute for Multiple Sclerosis Care and Research; and the UPMC Comprehensive Epilepsy Center of Excellence.
- The Department of Neurology provides unparalleled educational experiences for medical students and residents, and has clinical fellowships in Epilepsy, Headache, Neuro-Oncology, Neuro-Critical Care, Women’s Neurology, Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke, Neuro-endovascular, Clinical Neurophysiology, and Movement Disorders.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer based in Pittsburgh, PA
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- The University of Pittsburgh is ranked number 3 in medical research funding in 2022 and has been among the top 10 recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998.
About the Leadership position:
- This position would be under the general direction of the Department Chair and Vice Chair of Clinical Operations to lead all divisional clinical operations, scheduling, divisional QA activities, participating in departmental and Medical Staff committees, working with technical managers to resolve issues, and recruitment of faculty.
- You would participate in the divisional and department (both professional and technical) budgetary planning, assist in the preparation of reports, maintain informative, up to date web site information for the division, and active participation in the annual performance evaluation process.
- Lead or foster research from the General Comprehensive Neurology division.
About the Community:
- Pittsburgh leaped to No. 26 on U.S. News and World Report’s list of the Best Places to Live in the U.S. for 2022. It was also named the sixth-best U.S. city to live based on affordability.
- Internationally recognized culinary scene, and renowned centers of higher learning in the University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie-Mellon University
- Mid-size city with all the amenities of a large city and a friendly, community vibe
- Known as the City of Bridges, with 446 bridges, it has more than any city in the country
- Hit the Great Allegheny Passage, a 334-mile, car-free trail for hikers, runners, and cyclists
- Unmatched sports culture
- Abundant with parks, museums, music, universities and much more!
Interested candidates should send their CV to Lori Leo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC’s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today!