The University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) Department of Neurology Seeks a Neurologist | Join a Growing Team of 27 Providers | Excellent Work-Life Balance | Highly Desirable Coastal Texas Location
The University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) Department of Neurology, a prestigious academic medical center, seeks a Neurologist due to increased patient volume in highly desirable Clear Lake, TX.
We offer you a team that has a long-standing history and tradition in the practice and advancement of Clinical Neurosciences by providing the most comprehensive care to patients with neurologic illnesses from Alzheimer's disease and related dementias, epilepsy, neuromuscular disorders, brain tumors, Parkinson's Disease and other movement disorders, multiple sclerosis and other autoimmune disorders, stroke as well as other acute neurologic injuries.
The incoming Neurologist will join a growing team of 27 providers at a primarily outpatient practice with minimal inpatient call.
- Join a highly reputable team poised for growth
- The ideal candidate will help enhance a multidisciplinary approach to the care of neurological patients
- Be involved in the instruction of fellows and residents
- Option to build a practice around movement disorders, headaches, and EEG/EMG
- No stroke call or critical care consultations are required
- Referral sources come from one of the largest primary care networks in Texas
- Excellent work-life balance and benefits, including 21 days of PTO, 10 paid holidays, and paid medical premiums
- Live and work in the desirable coastal community of Clear Lake, Texas
Clear Lake, Texas, a magnificent coastal neighborhood in the Houston Metro, has an overall grade of A+ and is one of the best places to live in Texas and Houston (Niche). With excellent schools, ample housing opportunities, diversity, and being highly lauded for families, Clear Lake, part of the Galveston Bay Area, has much to offer.
- No state income tax in Texas
- Texas is a Best State to Practice in 2023 (Medscape)
- Surrounded by stunning natural beauty, the area is known for its namesake lake, offering picturesque views, recreational activities like boating, fishing, and kayaking, and beautiful waterfront parks
- Affordable cost of living compared to other highly desirable cities
- Live in the nation's third-largest pleasure-boat basin
- Strong sense of community, making it an inviting place to live
- Home to the renowned Johnson Space Center, NASA's center for human spaceflight
- A thriving aerospace industry contributes to the area having excellent schools and amenities
- Be a short distance from Houston, one of the largest and most vibrant cities in the United States, and have easy access to big-city cultural, dining, and entertainment opportunities