The Departments of Pediatrics and Neurology at Charleston Area Medical Center (CAMC) are seeking a Child Neurologist to work in the beautiful and historic Charleston, West Virginia area serving children throughout the state. CAMC is the largest hospital in southern West Virginia and serves a large area of the state and region. CAMC supports a Pediatric Residency and a Neurology Residency; we also provide education for the clinical training for a large number of medical students from West Virginia University Medical School and West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine.
- The second BE/BC child neurologist will join a thriving practice with one other pediatric neurologist, and an APP
- Free-standing Children’s Hospital with state-of-the-art technology, pediatric-focused ancillary services, and dedicated resources to support the program
- Focus on inpatient and outpatient clinical work as well as teaching of residents and medical students, with the opportunity to focus on or develop an area of clinical expertise; clinical research interests are encouraged and will be actively supported
- Training in EEG or neurophysiology is not required but is desirable
- Health, Life, Liability and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Competitive Base Compensation
- Generous signing bonus
- H1B sponsorship, with sponsorship of permanent residency
- Fellowship stipend available
- Board Certification or Eligibility in Child Neurology; Certification/Eligibility in Pediatrics is desirable
- Eligibility for a West Virginia Medical License
- Passion for providing outstanding clinical care to a diverse population and strong interest in teaching
CAMC is an 1,103-bed academic referral center and is one of the state's top health care providers, with six hospitals (CAMC General Hospital, CAMC Greenbrier Valley Medical Center, CAMC Memorial Hospital, CAMC Plateau Medical Center, CAMC Teays Valley Hospital and CAMC Women and Children’s Hospital), the CAMC Institute for Academic Medicine and the CAMC Foundation. Nearly 900 physicians have admitting privileges at CAMC, which is also West Virginia's premiere medical teaching facility. We serve a primary and secondary service area of 12 counties with a population of over 560,000 (approximately 30% of the total population of the state).
At CAMC Women and Children’s Hospital, we are committed to providing life-changing and life-saving care to our community. Every day, we are dedicated to improving and advancing the wellbeing and health of the families we serve through quality clinical care, innovative research, and medical education. Our compassionate, expert team of physicians encompasses multiple specialties and services so that families can find top-notch care close to home. Our pediatric services include:
- 30- bed General Pediatrics/Adolescent Unit
- 30-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- 9-bed Level I Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine Center
- Round-the-clock EEG tech coverage, and an epilepsy monitoring unit
- Outpatient Subspecialty Clinic and General Pediatrics Practices on campus
About Charleston, WV
Charleston is the state capital and largest city in the state. We are proud of our diverse population, amazing outdoor activities, and excellent schools. We are centrally located to numerous major metropolitan areas in North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Washington, DC. In addition, Charleston offers a Downtown district filled with eclectic galleries, chic boutiques, and unique restaurants, breweries, and distilleries. Housing is affordable in a community-oriented locale. This area boasts a vibrant academic and professional community and offers a balanced professional career and a fulfilling personal lifestyle. Come see what our family-oriented community can offer you in terms of quality of life!