Neurocritical Care Opportunity – Akron, Ohio
Summa Health Medical Group is seeking an inpatient neurologist to join our growing Neurology Service at the Summa Health Neurosciences Institute. The physicians will provide coverage for the neurology consulting service and stroke service at a large hospital in a rotational pattern, 7-on 7-off.
Summa Health Medical Group is a subsidiary of Summa Health System, which is comprised of 2 hospitals and over 20 health centers, making it one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state. The medical group has nearly 400+ unified, high performing physicians, aligned to create a healthier Northeastern Ohio community.
- Employed position offering competitive compensation, benefit package and incentives such as signing bonus, education loan assistance, relocation, and CME allowance
- Block scheduling, 7 days on 7 days off
- Strong support staff with APPs
- Closed model ICU with dedicated neuro intensive care service
- Extensive laboratory and radiology services in-house
- Opportunity to participate in research and innovation
- Shared Telestroke call rotation + additional, shared compensation; extra earning opportunity available
- First hospital in OH to be awarded the Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center certification from The Joint Commission, in collaboration with the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association
- First hospital in the greater Akron region to be awarded the Comprehensive Stroke Center certification from The Joint Commission, in collaboration with the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
- Academic Appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University is available to qualified applicants
- Epic System’s EMR
- Board certification and/or eligibility in Neurology Board certification and/or eligibility in Neurocritical Care
- A current unrestricted license or the ability to obtain a license to practice medicine in Ohio
- Willingness to participate in teaching, lectures, resident sessions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to quality care in a patient centered, team-based environment
Akron is located approximately 35 miles south of Cleveland. With a wonderful array of sights and attractions, accommodations and restaurants, meeting and convention facilities, and countless recreational activities, Akron/Summit County offers family fun and excitement. Known internationally as home to LeBron James, the Black Keys and the Firestone Country Club, the Akron area boasts a pristine national park, 100 miles of hike/bike trails, affordable and diverse housing, downtown and suburban living, and two universities. Akronites also have easy access to Lake Erie and two nearby airports making travel a breeze. The greater Akron area is a welcoming community rich in cultural diversity, history and heritage. It offers big-city amenities with a hometown feel and is located in one of America’s most affordable metropolitan areas.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
COVID-19 vaccine required for all Summa Health employees.