Jersey Shore University Medical Center:
Nationally Recognized in Neurosciences
Director, Movement Disorder Center
Under the leadership of Dr. Alan Colicchio and Dr. Shabbar Danish, the Chairs of Neurology and Neurosurgery at Jersey Shore University Medical Center (JSUMC), a major academic medical center within the Hackensack Meridian Health network, seeks to employ an experienced, fellowship trained, Board Certified Movement Disorder Neurologist to provide leadership as Director, Movement Disorder Center. Faculty rank at the Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine is commensurate with experience.
The successful candidate will have completed a residency in Neurology & a fellowship in Movement Disorders and have a minimum of five years post-fellowship experience in movement disorders. They will assist the Chair of the Department of Neurology in providing leadership for all patient care, educational and training activities related to Movement Disorders with the Medical Center and credentialing of all staff associated with the Movement Disorder Center.
Functions include providing:
- Leadership in strategic planning
- Oversight of efficiency and quality of practice of members of Center
- Establish and maintain accreditation with regulatory agencies
- Involvement in curriculum development, teaching and providing educational programs to residents, students, nurses and with other Section Chiefs and Division Directors
- Assistance to Chair with matters related to Department
The Department espouses an interprofessional approach in which neurologists, neurosurgeons, neurophysiologists, neuro-psychologists & rehab therapists who are cognizant of health care disparities strive to provide patient-centered care, accurate diagnoses, state-of-the-art treatment, opportunities for clinical trials & to maximize community living. The center is a high volume center for DBS surgery and will be one of 2 centers in the state to offer High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (coming in April 2023). Compensation & Paid Time Off are competitive with standards in the North East. An annual stipend & time-off for Continuing Education is offered. Hackensack Meridian Health is the largest, most comprehensive & integrated network in NJ with more than 500 patient care & physician practices throughout NJ. It includes 17 hospitals from Bergen to Ocean counties & 3 academic medical centers, has >35,000 team members & >7,000 physicians.
Neurosciences at HUMC:
- JSUMC is the only major academic medical center in the state to receive Healthgrade's America’s top 100 Best Hospital’s Award for all areas of neuroscience including: Cranial Neurosurgery, Critical Care, Neuroscience Excellence, and Stroke. The center is also a magnet hospital for nursing excellence.
- Has 60+ Team Members. Prominent specialties include Epilepsy, Headache, MS, Stroke, Neurosurgery, Neuro-Oncology, Movement Disorders, Neurocritical Care, TBI/Concussion & ALS.
HMH offers competitive compensation and a robust benefits package along with CME and academic opportunities at Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine.
For immediate consideration submit your CV to:
Carol A. Petite, BSMT, AAPPR
Corporate Physician Recruiter
Manager, Physician Recruitment and Advanced Providers