Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Neuro ICU Attending Opportunity
Prisma Health, the largest not-for-profit healthcare provider in South Carolina, seeks a fellowship trained Neurointensivist to join the dedicated staff of the Neurological Institute. The ideal candidate will have completed a two-year neurocritical care fellowship and be BC/BE in neurology. Faculty appointment at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville commensurate with experience.
- Join a team of 5 fellowship trained neurointensivists and 7 experienced advanced practitioners working in a two-team model in the ICU at Greenville Memorial Hospital
- Manage neurocritical care patients including, but not limited to, post-mechanical thrombectomy stroke patients, status epilepticus, intracranial hemorrhage, subarachnoid hemorrhage, GBS, as a primary service.
- Serve as a neurological consultant to the other ICUs (MICU, CVICU, TICU, SICU)
- Our Neuro ICU APPs perform Neuro ICU procedures independently (endotracheal intubation, central line placement, arterial line placement, and lumbar puncture), and have formal certification in NIH Stroke Scale assessments, Emergency Neurologic Life Support, ACLS, and Modified Rankin Scale.
- Enjoy significant resident support from Neurology and Emergency Medicine with occasional fellows from Surgical Critical Care and Medical Critical Care.
- Strong interdisciplinary care program with neurosurgery, neuropsychology, and neuroradiology
- Teaching involvement includes Adult Neurology residency program (6 neurology residents per year) and medical school, University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville.
- Paid relocation and malpractice with tail coverage
- Professional allowance
- Generous benefits including retirement, health, dental and vision coverage.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness employer
- EPIC EMR
With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 hospitals, 2,984 beds and more than 300 physician practice sites, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually. Its goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals. For more information, visit PrismaHealth.org.
Greenville, South Carolina is a beautiful place to live and work and the catchment area is 1.3 million people. Greenville is located on the I-85 corridor between Atlanta and Charlotte and is one of the fastest growing areas in the country. Ideally situated near beautiful mountains, beaches and lakes, we enjoy a diverse and thriving economy, excellent quality of life, and wonderful cultural and educational opportunities.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and CV to:
Tina Owens, Manager, Physician Recruitment, firstname.lastname@example.org.