A large healthcare system, with hospitals and clinics throughout the Northern Virginia region, is seeking outpatient neurologists to join their team. The ideal outpatient candidates will have interests in general neurology or movement disorders. They are also exited to welcome an additional neuro-oncologist to their Brain and Spine Tumor Program team. They are the only multidisciplinary neurologic cancer team in Northern Virginia. Someone with clinical research interests would be a good fit, as they have a well-supported research program and are active in the NCI Alliance.
The successful outpatient candidate will enjoy an academic appointment and teaching opportunities with rotating medical students, internal medicine residents and family medicine residents. Their Neuroscience Research Program offers clinical, translational and basic science research opportunities. Although a busy and primarily clinical neurology practice, this opportunity affords the right candidate many research opportunities to pursue in many ongoing studies, as well as delving into their own interests if so inclined.
The health system serves 2.6 million people in Northern Virginia as well as some of the 5.6 million people in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. It has been ranked among "America's Best Hospitals" fourteen times in the past 15 years and has one of the highest financial ratings in the country. It is one of the most comprehensive networks of hospitals and the largest private healthcare system in Virginia and the Washington, DC metro region.
Outpatient Opportunity Highlights:
- Non burdensome call
- Faculty appointment
- Resident teaching and medical student teaching
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Level 4 Epilepsy Center
- Research is encouraged and supported
- Dedicated research staff
- Robust support staff to include NPs and PAs
- Telemedicine program in place and most night calls taken from home
Neuro-Oncology Position Highlights:
- Comprehensive team, including clinical care team, research team, neuro-oncology focus social workers, clinical pharmacist, and nurse navigator
- Clinical practice entirely focused on cancer patients
- Primarily outpatient practice, with some inpatient consults, and oversight of inpatient chemotherapy
- Currently seeing 80-100 new GBM cases a year, in addition to other tumors
- Leadership opportunities available
- Potential for protected research time
- Generous compensation with potential for additional productivity and quality bonuses
- Health benefits package, retirement, and CME, along with additional benefits
Live and play in a historic Civil War community which has become one of the most exciting metropolitan areas in the United States. Fairfax, VA is surrounded by some of the nation's top schools and most prestigious Universities. Fairfax has been home to many notable and influential people in our country's history. Ranked #3 in the "Top 25 Places to Live Well" by Forbes Magazine in 2009, Fairfax sits on the Potomac River directly across from Washington, D.C. It is a thriving metropolitan area with easy access to the wonders of our nation's capital. Fine dining, fabulous entertainment, and a diverse international culture permeate the area. Excellent school options, public and private are available in the many lovely urban and suburban residential areas. Enjoy the Fairfax annual Chocolate Lovers Festival and many other celebrations held all year long.
For more information or for any questions, email us at email@example.com. Browse all of our positions here!