Join a team of professionals focused on bringing exceptional care in a highly valued community!
Baptist Health System is seeking a BC/BE neurohospitalist to join our neurosciences team in San Antonio, Texas. The ideal candidate will cultivate a collaborative environment and thrive when providing care in a higher acuity population. Our neuroscience team includes neuroendovascular, outpatient neurology, and fellow neurohospitalist physicians. There is also access to neurosurgery throughout the health system.
- 7 on/7 off schedule
- Primary responsibility for inpatient neurologic/stroke care and consults
- Collaborate with general and sub-specialty-trained neurologists system-wide
- Well-trained support staff including APPs and Stroke Patient Navigators
- Vascular training is a plus
- Must be BC/BE in Neurology by ABPN/AOBNP
Our Neuroscience Program:
- DNV-GL Healthcare Designation Comprehensive Stroke Center in network
- DNV-GL Primary Stroke Center Plus (Thrombectomy Capable Center) in network
- 1st Comprehensive Stroke system in San Antonio
- Joint Commission’s Primary Stroke Center Advanced Certification at all our hospitals — the first hospital system in San Antonio to do so
- 24/7 neurosurgery coverage
- CARF-accredited Acute Rehabilitation Centers
- Experienced Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapists trained in inpatient and outpatient stroke rehabilitation
- American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines – Stroke Gold Plus Award
- American Stroke Association’s Target: Stroke Honor Roll
- Stroke education programs
- 4 stroke support groups in the community for post stroke patients and their loved ones
We offer a highly competitive salary guarantee, as well as a robust benefits package, including:
- Annual CME allowance and relocation assistance
- Health, vision, dental, life, disability, and malpractice insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
Unfortunately J-1 visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Home to some of the area’s most highly respected and experienced physicians, Baptist Health System has proudly served the healthcare needs of our community with a mission of excellence and integrity for over a century.
Why we live here:
A city rich in history, bursting with culture, and booming with modern attractions, San Antonio invites residents and visitors to discover what's old and explore what's new. From our spectacular parks and green spaces, to festive seasonal events, to local shopping, dining, and drinking, we have it all. The Alamo, an 18th-century Spanish mission preserved as a museum, marks an infamous battle for Texan independence from Mexico. Following the San Antonio River, the miles-long River Walk is a landmark pedestrian promenade lined with cafés and shops. Get a bird's-eye view of the city from Hemisfair Park's 750-ft Tower of the Americas. Explore a variety of museums, enjoy the symphony or theater, celebrate during Fiesta, or catch a Spurs game. There is something for everyone!
- No state income tax
- The city is projected to welcome 1.1 million new residents by 2040 and demographically represents what the US will look like in the future
- Professional sports - San Antonio Spurs (NBA), San Antonio Missions baseball (MiLB), San Antonio FC soccer (USL), San Antonio Brahmas (XFL) , and the annual Stock Show & Rodeo