The Department of Neurology at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) and School of Medicine is seeking exceptional Neurohospitalists to join our world class health system. We have positions in Pittsburgh, Altoona and Harrisburg, PA as well as Cumberland, MD. Must have an MD or equivalent, be board eligible with intent to become board certified within two years or board certified in Neurology with the ability to obtain an unrestricted PA license. H1B visa sponsorship available. J1 visa sponsorship available in Altoona.
- Become part of our 85 faculty with expertise in all clinical specialties.
- Join a team of community Neurohospitalists
- Excellent work/life balance
- Supported by a complement of residents and/or physician extenders
- Collegial environment
What we Offer:
- Sign-on bonus
- Relocation up to $10K
- Competitive rank and base salary commensurate with experience and an outstanding benefit package
- 20 working days PTO (4 weeks); only 7 days PTO in Altoona – schedule is 7 on/7 off
- 10 working days of CME allowance, No CME time in Altoona
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine faculty appointment commensurate with experience
- Research through University of Pittsburgh
About The Department of Neurology and UPMC:
- Key areas of excellence in the Department of Neurology include the UPMC Stroke Institute; the UPMC Headache Center; the Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center (ADRC); the Pittsburgh Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases (PIND); the American Parkinson Disease Association Advanced Center for Parkinson’s Research; the Pittsburgh Institute for Multiple Sclerosis Care and Research; and the UPMC Comprehensive Epilepsy Center of Excellence.
- The Department of Neurology provides unparalleled educational experiences for medical students, residents, and fellows focused on Epilepsy, Headache, Neuro-Oncology, Neuro-Critical Care, Women’s Neurology, Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke, Neuro-endovascular, Clinical Neurophysiology, and Movement Disorders.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among the top recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
About the Communities:
- Choose to live in the city, suburbs or a more rural community
- Very reasonable cost of living
- Family-oriented communities
- Pittsburgh leaped to No. 26 on U.S. News and World Report’s list of the Best Places to Live in the U.S. for 2022. It was also named the sixth-best U.S. city to live based on affordability.
- Internationally recognized culinary scene, and renowned centers of higher learning in the University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie-Mellon University
- Mid-size city with all the amenities of a large city and a friendly, community vibe
- Abundant with parks, museums, music, universities and much more!
- Harrisburg, PA
- Southcentral Pennsylvania offers endless possibilities: city excitement, rural respite, and suburban family life and community can all be found here. Enjoy excellent work/life balance with easy commutes to work. In addition to fabulous dining, we offer an abundance of sports, arts, cultural events, and entertainment. We are close to historically significant areas such as Gettysburg and world-famous Hershey Park and Hershey’s Chocolate World.
- The area offers top-rated public schools, blue-ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvania’s top colleges and universities.
- Area school districts are consistently ranked in the top 20% of Pennsylvania.
- Listed among Forbes.com “America’s Most Livable Cities,” and ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Cities to Live,” we are a two to three-hour drive away from New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
- Altoona, PA
- Altoona is a small city surrounded by mountains in south central Pennsylvania with easy access to 5 major metro areas.
- The region offers a friendly and uncomplicated lifestyle filled with cultural and recreational opportunities.
- Hiking, biking, paddling, fishing, golfing and skiing are popular at nearby state parts, resorts and rail trails
- Big10 sports, national touring performing artists and a college town atmosphere are among the highlights of neighboring State College, home to Penn State’s University Park campus.
- Cumberland, MD
- Nestled at the base of the Appalachian Mountains and on the banks of the Potomac River. Rich in natural resources that provide the perfect setting for outdoor activities. Its mountains and nearby state parks are great for camping, hiking, fishing, boating, canoeing, hunting, swimming, and biking. Within an hour's drive are popular ski resorts that offer both downhill and cross-country trails. Allegany County has four golf courses, including a Jack Nicklaus signature golf course that overlooks Lake Haeb at Rocky Gap State Park
- Known for its rich history and astounding natural beauty
- A wide range of cultural activities is available locally through Frostburg State University, Allegany College of Maryland, and the Allegany Art Council. Broadway productions come to life at the Cumberland Theatre, the region's only professional theater. Downtown Cumberland is home to a growing number of artisans and galleries.
- Centrally located with easy access to larger, neighboring cities. Between 2-5 hours to major cities including Pittsburgh, State College, Philadelphia, DC, and NYC
Interested candidates should send their CV to Lori Leo, firstname.lastname@example.org