UPMC Central Pa., a growing, multi-site health care system, is seeking a Neurologist specializing in Epitology to join our growing Neurology department in Harrisburg, Pa. Join more than 2,900 physicians/allied health professionals serving a 10-county area in advancing the full continuum of neurology services. Must be BC/BE in Neurology and Epilepsy fellowship training or foreign equivalent.
- General neurology with the opportunity to establish specialized interest in epilepsy-seizure management services
- Primarily outpatient with minimal hospital rotations and shared call responsibilities
- Advanced practitioners provide follow-up and continuing care
- Strong referral base of patients within the community
- Fluency in EEG’s required for interpretation
- Neurodiagnostic technicians available to assist with EEGs
- Assist in the development of EMU and Ceribell services
- Assist in the development of a functional neurosurgery program
- Opportunity for teaching including IM student rotations, medical school rotations, and occasional lectures.
- Strong connection with the UPMC Pittsburgh neurology department including academic and educational offerings.
What we Offer:
- Health, life and disability insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Defined contribution plan; 403(b) plan with employer match
- Professional dues and CME allowance
- Relocation assistance
- Potential sign on and retention bonus
About UPMC in Central Pa and UPMC:
- UPMC in Central Pa. is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities.
- As part of the UPMC not-for-profit system, UPMC in Central Pa. cares for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care, and leading-edge diagnostic services.
- UPMC in Central Pa. includes seven acute care hospitals with 1,160 licensed beds, over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities, more than 2,900 physicians and allied health professionals, and approximately 11,000 employees. It is a health care hub serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams, and parts of Snyder counties.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among the top recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
About our communities:
- Features both rural and suburban living and boasts an abundance of sports, arts, cultural events, and entertainment.
- Close to historically significant areas such as Gettysburg and world-famous Hershey Park and Hershey's Chocolate World.
- Offers top-rated public schools, blue-ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvania's top colleges and universities.
- Area school districts are consistently ranked in the top 20% of Pennsylvania.
- With affordable homes — a composite cost of living index of 99.7, compared to 101.2 in Philadelphia — it's a great place to grow a career and family.
- Listed among Forbes.com “America's Most Livable Cities,” and ranked in U.S. News & World Report's “Best Cities to Live” in 2017, we are a two- to three-hour drive away from New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
Interested candidates should send their CV to Lori Leo, email@example.com