- OSF HealthCare
- Peoria, Illinois
- Closing date
- Apr 30, 2023
- Full Time
- Illinois Neurological Institute, part of OSF Saint Francis Medical Center in Peoria, Illinois, is seeking an inpatient, full-time, neurologist to expand our team.
- OSF Saint Francis Medical Center is a 649-bed tertiary care referral center that serves as the neurologic hub for the OSF Ministry. It serves as the main teaching hospital for the neurology and neurosurgery residencies, as well as several other residencies and fellowships, in collaboration with the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria.
- The schedule would be one week on/one week off. Overnight call is currently distributed amongst the entire group and averages 1-2/month.
- Neurohospitalist stroke experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- The expectation is to provide comprehensive management of adult neurologic patients in the acute care setting; including diagnostic and treatment decisions in the ED, deciding on thrombolytic and/or endovascular stroke treatments and management of other routine and complex inpatient neurologic conditions, collaborating multiple medical disciplines, supervision and teaching of neurology residents and residents from other disciplines,
- Participate in teleneurohospitalist rotations to deliver virtual inpatient non-emergent neurologic care within the system.
- Participate in quality improvement measures within the neurology department and the hospital for neurology-specific matters
- Competitive base salary plus incentives
- 208 hours PTO (4 weeks + 6 holidays) and will increase with years of service
- 480 hours sick time/year
- Signing bonus
- Paid occurrence based malpractice, CME, association membership dues
- Health, life, and dental insurance, retirement plan, and paid relocation
Live as big or small as your heart desires! Nestled in the Illinois River Valley, the Greater Peoria area provides opportunities for a variety of lifestyles. Live in the City of Peoria, with its urban amenities and hustle. Or choose a suburb small town or rural life, with a laid-back vibe and community schools.
Please contact or send CV to:
Katie Murphy, OSF HealthCare Physician Recruitment
Ph: (309) 683-9353
Mission Driven Culture
Our Mission is not just a statement for our providers - it's a way of life. Everyone at OSF HealthCare is a Mission Partner, working to serve with the greatest care and love. Our Mission doesn't just guide our interactions with patients; it drives every interaction we have with one another.
OSF HealthCare is an integrated health system owned and operated by The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, headquartered in Peoria, Illinois.
OSF HealthCare employs nearly 21,000 Mission Partners in 124 locations, including 13 hospitals with 1,874 licensed acute care beds, 18 urgent care locations, 11 centers for health, and two colleges of nursing throughout Illinois and Michigan.
The OSF HealthCare physician network employs 1,300 primary care, specialist, and advanced practice providers.
Driven by OSF HealthCare Mission, our physicians and advanced practice providers have been serving patients and families with the greatest care and love for over 140 years. From general practice to specialty clinics, OSF HealthCare offers a wide array of career opportunities for providers.
Research and Innovation
Our physicians and advanced practice providers are at the forefront of health care innovation. At OSF HealthCare, you will partner with an organization not only rich in history, but one helping to shape the future of health care. You'll have the opportunity to utilize the Jump Trading Simulation & Education Center, a state-of-the-art-research and innovation facility that offers advanced simulation training for medical professionals.
We partner with the University Of Illinois College Of Medicine on research and teaching opportunities and encourage our providers to seek positions of leadership within our organization.
At OSF HealthCare, we understand work and life should always be in balance. Providing for the health and well-being of all of our health care providers is a core value. By providing supportive work environments and a wide range of provider benefits, we hope to ensure a positive employment experience. These benefits are also available for providers working less than full time.
Join the No. 1 team
Find where you belong at OSF HealthCare, ranked the No. 1 health care employer in Illinois "and Top 10 nationally" by Forbes magazine.
EEO Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled
OSF HealthCare is proud to be among the nation's leading innovators in the transformation of care for better health for our communities, consistently excellent patient experience and lower costs.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert