Ochsner Health is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Neurologist. Ochsner Health is an integrated healthcare system with more than 36,000 employees and over 4,600 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties. It operates 47 hospitals and more than 370 health and urgent care centers across Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and the Gulf South.
The Department of Neurology has a team of Neurologists system-wide with subspecialty representation in Stroke, Neurocritical Care, Interventional Neurology, Neuromuscular Disease, Movement Disorders, Epilepsy, MS, Headache, Cognitive Disorders, Sleep, Traumatic Brain Injury and Sports Medicine. We are a Top 50 Neuroscience Center in the latest US News and World Report rankings.
Ochsner’s Neurosciences Institute and St. Tammany Parish Hospital are partnered together to bring our patients the care they need on the North Shore. The tele-stroke programs at Ochsner Medical Center-North Shore and St. Tammany Parish Hospital are integrated with our tertiary care center on Jefferson Highway in New Orleans.
Ochsner Health Center Covington underwent a $19 million expansion in 2018 that added an additional 43,000 square feet to the clinic. Ochsner Health Center – Covington offers a total of 45 services or specialties and enhanced services in neurosciences, orthopedics, sports medicine, and physical therapy.
- General Neurology and Neurology subspecialists
- Newly trained or experienced physicians are welcomed to apply
- Committed to providing high-quality, compassionate patient care
- Team oriented with ability to provide personalized patient care
- Demonstrate positive clinical outcomes
- Join a developing neuroscience program in a highly desirable location
- Robust practice that currently employs three Neurologists
- Large referral base
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefits
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Paid vacation, holidays and CME
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Additional benefit options focused on physical, financial, social and mental health
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
- Relocation assistance
- Malpractice and tail insurance
Why Choose Ochsner Health:
- Flexible schedules to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
- Integrated health care delivery model with multi-specialty collaboration, large internal referral network and innovative resources dedicated to improving patient care and your ease of practice.
- Physician-led organization that ensures our providers are given the tools and support needed to care for patients.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, physician leadership and community service.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the health system to enhance flexibility in patient management.
- Our dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is demonstrated by hiring a workforce that celebrates individual uniqueness among people and cultures. We focus our efforts in key areas that correlate back to our core values of Patient First, Compassion, Integrity, Inclusivity, Excellence and Teamwork.
Why Call The Northshore Home:
The Northshore region is a tight-knit suburb that includes affordable family-friendly neighborhoods, great schools and an abundance of community activities. We have more than 20 Ochsner Health clinics, urgent cares and hospital facilities, including Ochsner Medical Center – North Shore, and partnerships with Slidell Memorial Hospital and St. Tammany Parish Hospital. The Northshore is leading healthcare capabilities in primary, urgent and emergency care as well as pediatrics and advanced specialties.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.