Join a team that’s Changing What’s Possible – The Medical University of South Carolina’s Neuromuscular program is a clinical leader in the state. Our MDA Care Center was the first in South Carolina to be established by the Muscular Dystrophy Association® (MDA), and we are an ALS Association Certified Treatment Center of Excellence, and a member of the Northeast ALS (NEALS) consortium.
We are seeking candidates with:
- Focus on collaboration, innovation, and teamwork
- Expertise in the specific areas of nerve and muscle diseases
- Board certification or eligibility in Neurology and Neuromuscular diseases, and EMG and/or Clinical Neurophysiology
- Academic orientation and enthusiasm for teaching
- 100% outpatient position - inpatient coverage by Neurohospitalists
- Very strong interdisciplinary specialty support
- Involvement in the teaching of medical students, neurology residents, and neurophysiology fellows
- Opportunity for involvement in neuromuscular clinical trial research programs with many possibilities for collaboration university-wide, as well as senior investigators and PIs available for mentorships
- Up to 3/8ths incorporated into the position with the Ralph H Johnson Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- 10-20% unassigned time
- Minimal call – only 1-2 nights per month
- Special interests fully supported
About MUSC’s Neuromuscular Program
- Collaborative team composed of 2 Faculty, 1 APP, comprehensive administrative support staff, EMG lab technicians, and nursing staff
- Advanced diagnostics, multidisciplinary planning and a full spectrum of medical and innovative therapies
- Newly remodeled, leading-edge facilities designed specifically for the needs of neuromuscular patients
- Several exceptional interdisciplinary clinics offering advanced diagnostic testing, rehabilitation services, post-clinic care coordination, and social services to include an MDA Care Center, ALS Association Certified Treatment Center of Excellence, and membership in the Northeast ALS (NEALS) consortium
Learn more about Neurosciences at MUSC: https://muschealth.org/medical-services/neurosciences
- Tenure track faculty position with academic rank and salary commensurate with qualifications, expertise, and accomplishments
- Relocation assistance
- Excellent retirement options, including a pension and optional tax deferred contributions
- Sovereign Immunity malpractice coverage
- 22 days of annual leave, 15 days of sick leave, and 13 paid holidays
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program Qualified Employer
Charleston, SC, is frequently named one of the best places in America to live, and it’s easy to see why. This charming coastal city offers residents a unique mix of history, culture, arts, innovation, and natural beauty. In Charleston, you can explore miles of pristine beaches and waterways in the morning, and wind your way along shaded cobblestone streets, exploring centuries-old historic homes in the afternoon. At night, visit one of Charleston’s many award-winning restaurants to enjoy traditional Low Country cuisine prepared by world-class chefs. Charleston is a place where you can live your life to its fullest.
We invite you to join the team committed to “changing what’s possible” and do so in one of the most exciting cities in the country.
Send us your CV accompanied by your letter of interest for immediate consideration. Your life in Charleston awaits!