Coastal Charleston, SC | Neurohospitalist Faculty
- The Medical University of South Carolina
- Charleston, South Carolina (US)
- Closing date
- May 16, 2023
- Full Time
Join a team that’s Changing What’s Possible – The Medical University of South Carolina’s Department of Neurology is a clinical leader in the state. We are seeking candidates to provide bedside and remote care to hospitalized patients with neurologic issues.
We are seeking candidates with:
- Focus on collaboration, innovation, and teamwork Interest in program directorship for the neurohospitalist fellowship program Board certification or eligibility in Neurology and have demonstrated excellent qualifications in education and clinical care
- Very strong interdisciplinary specialty support Involvement in the teaching of medical students, neurology residents, and neurohospitalist fellows as the General Neurology inpatient and Consultation Services function as one of the primary teaching rotations Alternating inpatient service weeks which run Monday through Sunday Special interests fully supported
The Neurohospitalist Program is an innovative service for patients who require hospital-based treatment for complex neurological disorders. Patients and their families benefit from improved continuity of care, and seamless transition to outpatient practice following discharge. Our neurohospitalists each run their own outpatient discharge clinics requiring follow-up care with our team. For more specialized care, our team will refer patients to one of our divisions specializing in Epilepsy, Movement Disorders, Cognitive and Behavioral Neurology, General Neurology, Neuromuscular, or Stroke upon discharge. The Neurohospitalist Program improves efficiency and quality of care. Our patients are treated by experts in inpatient neurologic care, and have access to the most cutting-edge technology and facilities available at MUSC Health.
Learn more about Neurosciences at MUSC: https://muschealth.org/medical-services/neurosciences
- Tenure track faculty position with academic rank and salary commensurate with qualifications, expertise, and accomplishments Relocation assistance Excellent retirement options, including a pension and optional tax deferred contributions Sovereign Immunity malpractice coverage 22 days of annual leave, 15 days of sick leave, and 13 paid holidays Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program Qualified Employer
Charleston, SC, is frequently named one of the best places in America to live, and it’s easy to see why. This charming coastal city offers residents a unique mix of history, culture, arts, innovation, and natural beauty. In Charleston, you can explore miles of pristine beaches and waterways in the morning, and wind your way along shaded cobblestone streets, exploring centuries-old historic homes in the afternoon. At night, visit one of Charleston’s many award-winning restaurants to enjoy traditional Low Country cuisine prepared by world-class chefs. Charleston is a place where you can live your life to its fullest.
We invite you to join the team committed to “changing what’s possible” and do so in one of the most exciting cities in the country.
MUSC Health, the clinical enterprise of the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC), is dedicated to the pursuit of changing what’s possible in health care. Nationally recognized for its innovation, patient, and family-centered care, and quality outcomes, this integrated health care system is accessible at the downtown Charleston campus, four regional medical centers, and through more than 100 outreach locations, clinical affiliations with numerous health care partners, and a robust telehealth network.
1 Poston Road
Apply for Coastal Charleston, SC | Neurohospitalist Faculty
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert