A large community hospital in Northern California is excited to welcome a vascular neurologist to their community program as Stroke Director. The team also has 2 Neuro-Interventional Radiologists and a Endovascular Neurosurgeon covering this Multispecialty Hospital, and Joint Commission Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center. The team is also looking for an outpatient neurologists. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with performing EMGs, NCSs, and botox injections. Comfort with reading routine EEGs during inpatient coverage would be a strong asset.
- Physician-centric CEO
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Level II Trauma Center
- CERNER EMR
- ECMO Capabilities
- 15 OR Rooms, 1 designated to trauma daily
- 4 GI/IR dedicated procedure rooms
- 5 Cath Labs
- 3 Xi Da Vinci’s
- Bi-plane room
Vascular Neurologist Highlights:
- Seeing ~1000 stroke consults and ~200 TIAs annually
- 7-on/7-off schedule, night and weekend call is shared
- 3-4 stroke alerts per day on average, pending shared call coverage
- Dedicated stroke PA and NP
- Stroke Directorship exists for interested candidate
- Support from intensivists and hospitalists
- Very generous compensation package
- Full benefits: Health/Vision/Dental 401K, CME Allowance, Malpractice/Tail Insurance Coverage
- Join 2 other Neurologists in the community
- Average of 15 patients per day
- Flexible Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm schedule
- Ability to do EMG/NCSs would be a strong preference
- EEG reading also a plus during call coverage
- Support for subspecialty interests within context of a general neurology practice
- Dedicated support staff and medical assistant
- Very generous compensation
- Full benefits: Health/Vision/Dental 401K, CME Allowance, Malpractice/Tail Insurance Coverage, Resident stipend of up to $2k/mo for the last two years of residency.
Just 90 minutes from downtown San Francisco, they are considered a bedroom community and a great place to live. Over the last decade, Bay Area natives have moved into the Central Valley and contributed to its growth. The downtown area is vibrant with restaurants, shops, bars, coffee and teahouses, art studios, live music, etc. The city offers a warm hometown feel, low cost of living, affordable housing, and access to all necessary amenities. The public schools have a great reputation, and there are a variety of private schools to also choose from. Beautiful neighborhoods are abundant with parks around every corner. Get the very best of living in Northern California, with better housing options than you would find in the Bay Area! Its central valley location also is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts, given the proximity to Yellowstone National Park and Lake Tahoe.
For more information or for any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Browse all of our positions here!