PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center is seeking two additional BC/BE full-time Neurohospitalists to join our thriving inpatient service in Vancouver, Washington. Consider joining the largest and most established Neurology groups in Clark County, with a robust team of seven Neurologists and one Physician Assistant. Southwest Medical Center is a 450-bed hospital, DNV-certified Primary Stroke Center, offering dozens of comprehensive specialty services for more than 17,000 patient discharges annually. The PeaceHealth physicians are experienced, collegial, and can offer mentorship to a new graduate. The support staff at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center provides high quality excellent medicine with continuity of care from inpatient to outpatient. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in neurovascular care, a high comfort level with the evaluation, interpret and report EEGs, and treatment of acute strokes and facility with lumbar puncture. Only those with experience in both inpatient and critical care neurology will be considered. New fellowship graduates welcome to apply!
Highlights about the opportunity:
- Schedule: Flexible with expectation of 173 shifts/year. With 14 shifts monthly.
- Night shifts may be covered remotely using telemedicine for stroke codes.
- Inpatient group includes one full-time Neurohospitalist who is the Stroke Program Medical Director and a Neurohospitalist PA-C who also runs the outpatient TIA clinic. Strong collaborative care exists with Neurosurgery, Neurointerventionalist and Hospitalist Groups.
- The on-campus outpatient clinic includes six full-time Neurologists for comprehensive follow-up.
- Rounding throughout Southwest Medical Center includes the ER, MICU, CVICU, Med/Surg, Family Birth Center and Inpatient Rehab which provide a wide variety of clinical cases.
- The state of the art 14-bed inpatient rehabilitation floor provides intensive therapy services post-discharge.
Experience Vancouver, Washington:
- Vancouver is a robust, independent city with over 160k people with the additional advantage of being a part of the Portland, Oregon metro area. PeaceHealth providers are deeply integrated into the community and have a strong desire to care for their neighbors. The metro area has world-class cuisine, spirits and arts which are mostly locally produced and sourced.
- The temperate climate nurtures beautiful landscapes, bountiful fruit and vegetable harvests, and world-famous flowers such as tulips and roses. Outdoor lovers will enjoy quick access to the Pacific Ocean, Mt. Hood, Mount St. Helens, and never-ending outdoor recreation options in the Pacific Northwest.
- Vancouver offers award winning school districts and Washington does not have a state income tax.
A few benefits of working with PeaceHealth:
- Integrated physician-led medical group
- Guaranteed first year income: $310,280.00
- Along with a generous employment bonus, relocation assistance and educational loan reimbursement for those who qualify.
- CME reimbursement and fully paid malpractice insurance
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 1200 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please apply today or contact: Lyndse Neppl, LNeppl@PeaceHealth.org
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws. The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.