Outpatient & Inpatient Neurology opportunities in KY - High Performing Hospital
- Owensboro Health Regional Hospital
- Owensboro, Kentucky
- Competitive base compensation, upfront bonus, stipends, comprehensive benefits, malpractice + tail
- Closing date
- May 7, 2023
- Epileptology, General Neurology, Neurohospitalist, Vascular/Stroke
- Full Time
Owensboro Health Medical Group in Owensboro, KY is seeking board-certified or board-eligible Neurologists to join a hospital-employed group of four board-certified Neurologists, one APRN, specialty-trained support staff, and excellent backup support.
U.S. News & World Report, the global authority in hospital rankings and consumer advice, has named Owensboro Health Regional Hospital a 2022-2023 "High Performing Hospital" (the highest rating available) for the care of strokes. Our state-of-the-art hospital is recognized as a Certified Stroke Center “Gold Seal” by The Joint Commission.
- 7on, 7 off schedule
- No admissions (Consult service only)
- Average 8-18 patients per day
- 24-bed Neuro/Ortho unit in hospital
- Monday - Friday clinic schedule
- Outpatient-only position with no call (Neurohospitalists cover inpatient)
- General Neurology with opportunity for subspecialty interests
- EMG, EEG, and telehealth capabilities
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive base compensation
- $50,000 Upfront Bonus
- $6,000 CME annually
- Funded liability insurance/malpractice/tail coverage, multiple retirement plans, full health/medical benefits & more
- Student loan repayment and residency/fellowship stipends available
- Family Medicine Residency program in Owensboro – teaching opportunities available
ABOUT OWENSBORO HEALTH
Owensboro Health administration and physician leaders are committed to the growth of our outpatient neurology services. Joining Owensboro Health Medical Group means you will have state-of-the-art equipment and work collaboratively with the region's highest trained and compassionate providers.
Owensboro Health reaches an 18-county area, serving more than 500,000 people in western Kentucky and southern Indiana. With a centrally located hospital housing more than 30 specialties, three outpatient Healthplex locations, and the Healthpark, a 110,000-square foot medical-based health and fitness center, Owensboro Health offers regional patients numerous ways to access and benefit from advanced care.
LIFE IN OWENSBORO
Owensboro is the main hub of western Kentucky and a premier city in the Midwest. Owensboro and the surrounding region are known for a friendly atmosphere. Located on the southern banks of the Ohio River, Owensboro has a low crime rate and cost of living, a high quality of life and wide variety of housing options.
As one of America's best places to live and work, Owensboro has much to offer, including:
- Strong economy - named "Top 100 small towns in the US" and "Top 10 cities where millennials are flocking"
- Mid-sized town on the Ohio River with easy access to metro amenities
- Affordable housing, available acreage, new downtown condo's under construction
- Family-friendly community
- Excellent public and private school options with involved families Enjoy weekends in the newly revitalized downtown or at one of the many outdoor/recreational amenities
Visit us at booth #1185 at the
2023 AAN Annual Meeting!
Owensboro Health is a community-focused, nonprofit healthcare system that offers a full range of services utilizing the latest technologies and protocols. Locations include the flagship Owensboro Health Regional Hospital located in Owensboro, KY. Other facilities include Owensboro Health Muhlenberg Community Hospital, Owensboro Health Twin Lakes Medical Center, regional primary care and specialty clinics, and three new Healthplex locations in surrounding counties.
Each year, Owensboro Health Regional Hospital averages 2,000 births, 73,000 emergency room visits, 18,000 admissions and 500,000 outpatient visits. System wide, the organization has nearly 4,800 employees and 250+ medical providers.
Owensboro Health Regional Hospital represents a new era of health care and wellness for the region. The new $350 million dollar hospital and medical office building project features a nine-story facility licensed for 477 patient beds, and offers views of lush green vistas and natural scenery from every room.
LIFE IN OWENSBORO
Owensboro sits on the southern bank of the Ohio River and serves as the cultural and business hub in the Kentucky-Indiana-Illinois try-state region. A modern and vibrant community that maintains a rich history and traditional charm of a southern American city, Owensboro offers a family-friendly atmosphere, quality educational opportunities, a low crime rate and low cost of living index.
- America's Best Place to Work - CNN/Business Week
- Named "Hear the Music" City in 2019 - Brand USA
- Top City for Millennials - Business Insider
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert