General Outpatient Neurologist
- Atrium Health
- Huntersville, North Carolina
- Closing date
- Apr 2, 2023
- General Neurology
- Full Time
If it’s possible, you will find it at Atrium Health—the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina and South Carolina. We invite board-certified/board-eligible Neurologists to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds and progressive visionaries together in our Outpatient General Neurology team at Atrium Health-Huntersville in Huntersville, NC.
Atrium Health Neurosciences Institute – Neurology (NIN) is seeking a board certified/board eligible neurologist to join an established outpatient neurology practice in Huntersville, NC (just 15 miles outside of Charlotte, NC)
The Neurology Department at Atrium Health is a rapidly growing network of 50+ neurologists and 20+ Neurology APPs that support 10 outpatient care locations across the greater Charlotte region. The department boasts both general and subspecialty neurologists including neuromuscular, cerebrovascular, epilepsy, neuroimmunology, movement, headache and cognitive specialties which allows for a strong network and referral base. The growing academic department brings exciting opportunities for innovative patient care, team-based care models, teaching and research.
About the position:
- Join an established practice with 2 other neurology providers in a brand-new office space opened December 2021.
- 100% outpatient
- Seeking neurologist to practice comprehensive scope of neurology care but subspecialty interest can be supported.
- No hospital call. Night call to cover outpatient practice only is shared among several other neurologists for rotation of approximately 1 in 12 weeks.
- Growing academic department with new 4-year medical school to open in 2024.
- Teaching and research interests are encouraged.
What Atrium Health has to offer:
- one of the nation’s leading and most innovative healthcare organizations
- Collegial environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Growing non-profit healthcare system with over 900 care locations throughout North and South Carolina and Georgia
- Network of over 2500 employed physicians provides established referral base
About the Community
Huntersville, North Carolina offers a very affordable cost of living, strong schools in both the public and private sector, and sits conveniently within equal distance between the Blue Ridge Mountains of NC and the beautiful Atlantic coast. Minutes from Lake Norman which is the largest lake in NC. This practice is located at the heart of Huntersville with direct access to the interstate, international airport, and the Charlotte metro area.
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.
Interested, qualified candidates should send CV to Lenore Shannon at Lenore.Shannon@atriumhealth.org
Atrium Health Neurosciences Institute-Neurology (NIN) is seeking BE/BC Neurologists to join our rapidly growing health care system located in the Charlotte-metro area who possess an authentic compassion about patients and is team focused. The Neurology Department at Atrium Health is a network of 70+ neurology providers that supports 15 care locations across the greater Charlotte region.
Atrium Health administers the largest stroke network in the Charlotte metropolitan area, which is one of the fastest-growing cities in the country. Our department boasts distinguished specialty care, including Level IV and Level III Specialized Epilepsy Center, NMSS Certified Comprehensive Care Center for MS, ALS, and MDA Centers of Excellence. The growing academic department brings exciting opportunities for innovative patient care, team-based care models, teaching and research.
Available Opportunities Include:
• Cognitive Neurology Medical Director
• Multiple Sclerosis/Neuroimmunology Specialist
• Headache Disorders Specialist
• Movement Disorders Specialist
• General Neurologist – subspecialist supported
About the Opportunities:
• Join an established network of neurologist with strong referral base
• Neurohospitalist positions offer 7-on-7-off schedule
• Outpatient positions offer Monday – Friday schedule with no inpatient requirement
• Specialty and leadership opportunities available
• Opportunities for faculty appointment through Wake Forest University
• Educational opportunities with new Charlotte campus for Wake Forest University School of Medicine, scheduled to open in 2024
• Growing academic department – interest in teaching and research is encouraged and supported
What Atrium Health has to offer:
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Appealing work-life balance
• Academic opportunities with strong research support and expanding educational opportunities
• Network of over 2,500 employed physicians provides established referral base
Atrium Health is a nationally recognized leader in shaping health outcomes through innovative research, education, and compassionate patient care. It is part of Advocate Health, the fifth-largest nonprofit health system in the U.S, serving nearly 6 million patient annually. Wake Forest University School of Medicine serves as the academic core of the enterprise.
In January 2023, Atrium Health broke ground on a second campus of the school of medicine - Wake Forest University School of Medicine Charlotte - to be constructed in the heart of a new, life-sciences research-driven innovation district, named “The Pearl.” The medical school will seat its first class in 2024.
Living in the Carolinas
When you call North or South Carolina home you’ll enjoy the best of southern charm, worldly cosmopolitan flair, and unrivaled natural splendor with a low cost of living and high quality of life. Whether you yearn for majestic mountain views, the vibrant energy of world-class cities, or coastal communities lined with sandy beaches along the shore, you can find what you’re looking for in the Carolinas.
Contact our recruitment team or visit our website to learn more and apply:
Neurology Physician Job Search (atriumhealth.org)
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert