Hartford HealthCare’s Ayer Neuroscience Institute seeks a visionary fellowship-trained, full-time Medical Director for Hartford Hospital’s Comprehensive Stroke Center in Hartford, CT.
The Stroke Director will champion the delivery of advanced stroke care and treatment options for patients and oversee and participate in evaluating, maintaining, and improving performance processes and metrics required for comprehensive stroke center status. The Director will collaborate with neurology, neurosurgery, interventional neuroradiology, nursing, and other disciplines to lead quality improvement initiatives to improve clinical outcomes, patient experience, and further advance the stroke program. The Director will lead and supervise the education and mentoring of junior faculty, residents, and fellows. He/she will report to Dr. Mark Alberts, Co-Physician in Chief of the Ayer Neuroscience Institute & Chief of Neurology, Hartford Hospital.
- Medical Degree from an Accredited University
- Vascular Fellowship trained from an ACGME accredited program
- Candidate must be board certified or board eligible.
- 5+ years of experience delivering vascular neurology care
- Leadership experience preferred but not required
- Hold a CT license or be eligible for medical licensure in the State of Connecticut
- A strong work ethic and desire to participate in a team-oriented, performance-driven Health System
- Ability to respectfully collaborate and build relationships with a diverse set of teammates
- Ability to thrive in a constantly evolving environment, challenging the status quo and striving to innovate and improve care delivery
- Excellent communication, bedside manner, and organizational skills
The successful candidate will have significant opportunities for expanded leadership roles at the system level as well as career personal growth opportunities within HHC.
For additional information and 1:1 discussion:
Please contact Clayton Tebbetts, Physician Recruiter, Hartford HealthCare
firstname.lastname@example.org or call / text- 860.249.6927
Detailed Job Description:
- Leadership of the Comprehensive Stroke Center, in collaboration with Associate Stroke Director
- Provide personalized, coordinated evaluation and care of stroke patients across acute and ambulatory settings, and ensure the highest levels of patient experience.
- Provide support, oversight, and serve as resource for vascular neurology faculty, advanced practice providers and members of the stroke team - including stroke coordinator & associate Coordinator, and stroke navigators.
- Oversee annual stroke program goal setting, strategic alignment, and performance review processes
- Participate in activities related to strategic and capital planning, innovation, program development, marketing and outreach, and clinical care optimization for the stroke program.
- Ensure a single standard of care based on evidence based guidelines and seek opportunities to advance the program through research and innovative community partnerships
- Participate in focused workgroups (i.e.: length of stay, patient experience)
- Working with colleagues across the system, to define standards of care and quality measures across all Hartford HealthCare sites, adopt evidence based practices and guide research to drive innovation and improved outcomes in stroke care.
- Actively participate in, and in some cases lead, key administrative and clinical meetings, to include the Stroke Department Meeting, quality conferences, clinical case conferences, CQI, and Hartford HealthCare Stroke Clinical Council
- Serve as principal investigator for funded clinical trials, both industry and other forms including STROKENET with all the associated duties and responsibilities of this role
- Provide hands-on clinical supervision and teaching for residents, students, fellows, and advance practitioner providers
- Provide oversight for the design and implementation of educational activities for patients and families, care providers, and the community.
About Hartford Healthcare and the Ayer Neuroscience Institute:
The Ayer Neuroscience Institute is a rapidly expanding Institute with a focus on comprehensive patient care, academics, and research. The Institute enjoys the resources of a system committed to excellence in patient quality and experience and boasts an impressive staff of world class Neuroscience leaders which includes over 165 Neuroscience physicians and advanced practitioners.
Hartford Hospital is an 867 bed tertiary care, academic medical center, and Comprehensive Stroke Center (one of only 2 in CT). The Stroke Center is a robust multidisciplinary program that treats over 1,200 stroke patients per year. Our faculty is a multidisciplinary team that includes 8 vascular neurologists, 3 vascular neurosurgeons, 4 interventional neuroscience clinicians, and 7 APPs dedicated to the stroke service. In addition the stroke center has 24/7 interventional capabilities, a dedicated Neuroscience ICU with neurocritical care nurses, APPs, and 8 Neurointensivists. We have an air ambulance service (LIFE STAR) that transports patients from throughout New England. The Comprehensive Stroke program has broad participation in clinical and translational research, including clinical trials sponsored by StrokeNet (NINDS) and other entities, PCORI funding, and others. Our CSC has be recognized with numerous awards from the AHA, Leapfrog, and other regulatory agencies. Hartford Hospital is home to an extensive academic neuroscience programs, including fellowships in vascular neurology and endovascular Neuroradiology, as well as Neurology and Neurosurgery residency programs.
Located less than 2 hours from Boston and New York City, you will be in the heart of New England’s most stunning and desirable communities, offering nationally acclaimed schools and exciting year-round recreation.